Join for free
Page 2 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 09:53 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 4)

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I had a box that I kept quite a few objects that were the result of quantum mechanics. I used to just watch them play when I applied an electrical current.
Sadly they vanished when someone, I will not name names, emptied the box. The said that they did not know that the box contained some of my play things.
They have not gone Emjay, the shape of everything that was ever in that box is still inside the box. Unbelievable yes but not with Quantum Mechanics, the content’s also have replicated themselves six times and are somewhere out in the Universe, six is a key number in the great up there, probably some Martian chap is playing with them now for all anyone knows.

We are talking magic and trying to find out how that real magic works when we talk about Quantum Mechanics, our idea of logic doesn’t come into it, tiny atoms behaving in ways never dreamed of, communicating with each other all across the Universe as if talking, making decisions singly and in groups, changing shapes and colours, reproducing themselves at will, it’s endless fascinating stuff and provided we use the knowledge (if we ever solve the mysteries of it) wisely and for the good of all Mankind it will be a far better World.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 01:27 AM

Ok,so you ignored my attempt to assist.
I shall go forth and multiply,having explained that things existing in a quantum state do so as a singularity waveform that has no mass.
Having no mass equates to anything within that waveform not having a distinct and/or individual geographic location....so yes,quantum particles are 'as one',in that distance doesn't exist-so uniformity and conformity of behaviour can be observed in quantum wave particles regardless of what we observe from our physical viewpoint to be physical distance separating them. Ok-I shall now go punch Schrodinger's Cat.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 07:25 AM

now now gentlemen away with all this gobally guck about the workings of the almighty god head in quantum physics - he invented it all after all; and let us all rejoice for what ever reason at this festive time of the year - I wish you all a jolly Xmas [and did you know that X was the secret symbol used for the christ man?]

i call this meeting to a close at 2.26pm 12/23/2015 oz time
so enjoy your time with your families and let us raise a glass for "leisurely scribbles" and long may we scribble!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 08:30 AM

My ****um Mechanic keeps diminishing my Returns.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 08:30 AM

S****horpe?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-12-2015, 08:31 AM

,That's novel.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-12-2015, 12:36 PM

****a Kinte would have a job finding his roots on here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-12-2015, 12:39 PM

That bloody nagging Bird is a ****asaurus.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ok,so you ignored my attempt to assist.
I shall go forth and multiply,having explained that things existing in a quantum state do so as a singularity waveform that has no mass.
Having no mass equates to anything within that waveform not having a distinct and/or individual geographic location....so yes,quantum particles are 'as one',in that distance doesn't exist-so uniformity and conformity of behaviour can be observed in quantum wave particles regardless of what we observe from our physical viewpoint to be physical distance separating them. Ok-I shall now go punch Schrodinger's Cat.
Ignore your suggestions Pug? me? never! You are obviously more advanced in QM, you have to remember I’m new to this Quantum stuff and I’m a very slow learner, need time to digest it.
I’m going to try an experiment later, it involves two Oranges of similar size and age, I mark each Orange 1 and 2 and leave them together for five minutes then spin the two of them on a table, then I stop one manually and let the other stop of it’s own accord, the Professor says in his book that the juice from one Orange should then transfer to the other, leaving me with one juiceless Orange and another bursting with juice, I’m waiting for the wife to go out first just in case it all goes horribly wrong on her good table, let you know what happens later.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

23-12-2015, 01:56 PM

i call this meeting to a close at 2.26pm 12/23/2015 oz time
so enjoy your time with your families and let us raise a glass for "leisurely scribbles" and long may we scribble!![/QUOTE]

Hear hear! I second that through the chair and under the table.

Page 2 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top