Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 10:51 PM

What Music/Artists Do You Like?

I am new onto this site and I wondered what sort of music and artists people like.

I am a great fan of John Denver and his music. I also like Rock and Roll, most of the sixties stuff, some Classical, Reggae, Country, Irish and Scottish folk.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 02:22 AM

Re: What Music/Artists Do You Like?

Quite similar to your tastes, Aerolor: Sixties, some classical (Bach, Scarlatti). the folk era here in the States ( Highwaymen, Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Woody and Arlo Guthrie. Peter Paul and Mary, Burl Ives, Harry Belafonte) some country (Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves), G & S. And of course, Elvis and the Beatles.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 09:21 AM

I like all types of music, but my heart is with Drum & Bass (within which there are lots of different styles itself).

Here's one of my current faves:

Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 06:24 PM

I dont like Rap, Heavy Metal or music from the late 90's to the present day otherwise I like most music.
My favourite is I think is Big Band sounds.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 06:28 PM

It looks like I am the opposite to those who have replied so far (apart from Azz but he is a youngster) I like The Pet Shop Boys, Lily Allen, Queen, The Beatles and Madness.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 07:26 PM

I wondered what sort of music and artists people like.

Rock,Blues,folk,Gregorian Chant-even a touch of Gilbert and Sullivan.

But I run away when I hear anything by the out of tune can`t sing fake-Sin-atra
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I hate opera, classical, rap. metal, Frank Sinatra, Lily Allen. I liike most other music, mainly pop, rock, folk. I'm really a mid 70's to mid 80's music fan.

I'm a big Cliff fan, not so much now he's alot older as he warbles when he sings. Loved his music in the 70's and 80's.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 07:50 PM

I can rock with the best but just now and again this is so wonderful

And me a lapsed Methodist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90...eature=related
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2010, 08:33 PM

I forgot to add Gregorian chant, and A UK group I recently heard of and like: Lindisfarne.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 08:43 AM

Muse (especially the Showbiz album); the early Stones; the Incredible String Band; Afro-Celt Sound System. Stuff like that....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top