Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:01 PM

No news on holiday

I'm away on holiday this Friday and I can't wait to enjoy the sunshine and my time abroad. I work hard all year and this is my reward.

As I'm on holiday I want to leave the pressures and tedium of work behind and enjoy myself.

I don't watch TV on holiday, I don't want to see any news, I don't buy newspapers. I leave all that happens in the news behind. Whatever happens in the UK I don't care about. I'm on holiday.

I have my phone with me in case of emergencies, but I will not be on social media. All these people tapping away on their phones as they sit around the pool, I find that a shame. They might as well be at home.

Do others feel the same?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:07 PM

Re: No news on holiday

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm away on holiday this Friday and I can't wait to enjoy the sunshine and my time abroad. I work hard all year and this is my reward.

As I'm on holiday I want to leave the pressures and tedium of work behind and enjoy myself.

I don't watch TV on holiday, I don't want to see any news, I don't buy newspapers. I leave all that happens in the news behind. Whatever happens in the UK I don't care about. I'm on holiday.

I have my phone with me in case of emergencies, but I will not be on social media. All these people tapping away on their phones as they sit around the pool, I find that a shame. They might as well be at home.

Do others feel the same?
I am exactly the same Floydy. The only reason I came online in Lanzarote, was because I was stuck in the hospital with food poisoning, and I was so bored.
Have a wonderful holiday Floydy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:22 PM

never chat on my mobile with one exception otherwise it's just for emergencies and anyone who feels they need to contact me for ANY reason which is very few - so it lies silent for long periods of the day and that's how I like it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Have a lovely time Floydy .
When working holidays were something to which I used to look forward .
Now I am retired every day is a holiday because my time is my own to do with as I choose
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Have a lovely time Floydy .
When working holidays were something to which I used to look forward .
Now I am retired every day is a holiday because my time is my own to do with as I choose
You make me insanely envious, Meg. Whatever though, a holiday is a holiday and it's time away from the trudge and gloom of everyday life and the UK so yes, I'll enjoy it

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am exactly the same Floydy. The only reason I came online in Lanzarote, was because I was stuck in the hospital with food poisoning, and I was so bored.
Have a wonderful holiday Floydy.
I would definitely need the internet stuck in hospital.
Food poisoning is awful, especially on holiday as I had it once in Turkey. Hope you got over it quickly, SP.

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
never chat on my mobile with one exception otherwise it's just for emergencies and anyone who feels they need to contact me for ANY reason which is very few - so it lies silent for long periods of the day and that's how I like it!
Same here, Gumbud. I'd leave it in the hotel room safe, but what if someone called in an emergency...maybe my wife will take hers instead?

One thing I definitely will do is cancel all my subscriptions on here for my duration. I don't want those bloody bleeps going off every bloody five seconds!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Got my playlist ready for my MP3 player anyway:

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band-Night Moves
Boston-Third Stage
Boz Scaggs-Silk Degrees
Dennis Wilson-Pacific Ocean Blue
Doobie Brothers-Toulouse Street
Elton John-The Fox
Joe Jackson-Symphony No.1
Joe Jackson-Night and Day II
John Mayall-Empty Rooms
John Mayall-Blues From Laurel Canyon
Marc Almond-Tenement Symphony
Neutral Milk Hotel-In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Paul Simon -There Goes Rhymin’ Simon
Paul Simon-Paul Simon
Pink Floyd-The Endless River

There's nothing I like more than sitting on the balcony late at night with my headphones on and a nice single malt whiskey.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:05 PM

There was something I always used to say in my head when I got lay on the beach for the first time,' F*** everything.' I could then relax and forget about crappy work problems and everything else.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Got my playlist ready for my MP3 player anyway:

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band-Night Moves
Boston-Third Stage
Boz Scaggs-Silk Degrees
Dennis Wilson-Pacific Ocean Blue
Doobie Brothers-Toulouse Street
Elton John-The Fox
Joe Jackson-Symphony No.1
Joe Jackson-Night and Day II
John Mayall-Empty Rooms
John Mayall-Blues From Laurel Canyon
Marc Almond-Tenement Symphony
Neutral Milk Hotel-In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Paul Simon -There Goes Rhymin’ Simon
Paul Simon-Paul Simon
Pink Floyd-The Endless River

There's nothing I like more than sitting on the balcony late at night with my headphones on and a nice single malt whiskey.
And a huge Toblerone.

Hope you have a great holiday mate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-05-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There was something I always used to say in my head when I got lay on the beach for the first time,' F*** everything.' I could then relax and forget about crappy work problems and everything else.
I do the same but it's earlier than that.
I get to the hotel, dump my bags straightaway and go to the nearest bar. That's when my holiday begins.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And a huge Toblerone.

Hope you have a great holiday mate.
Dunno about the Tobelrone mate. Maybe a small pizza,

Ta bud. Last night at work tomorrow and I'll be on here until Thursday night then it's switch off time. I'll be in holiday mode then

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top