Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 08:21 AM

Re: Dacia Duster.

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
They're built in Rumania. I think Dacia were a bit shocked and overwhelmed by the demand for the new Duster. When we ordered ours, one car salesman told us that he'd had days when the only car people were interested in was the Duster and they also sold Renault and Hyundai. At the moment in Germany you can't order one.
That's got to be a good recommendation.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
That's got to be a good recommendation.
Yes I think so too mate. For the price you can't beat it.
I think they can be ordered in the UK as of Monday 11.06.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 03:39 PM

Just spoke to the laddie who has been studying cars obsessionally for 30 yrs and has boxes of magazines in the garage - we cannot buy the dacia in OZ and according to the laddie wouldn't want to either !

anything coming out of Romania has just gotta be suspect - and I asked him about the pulling power thingy - he said something that cannot be repeated here but suggested a Commodore would be eminently more suitable

commodores - you can't get them in europe ?? no we only drive hard cars for a hard country!!

Am I being cynical ? - I don't think so - I think some eminently car experts have already expressed grave concerns on this thread - I am just surprised that if " the wife wants one - who I assume knows eff all about cars - she gets one" - I rest my case and will see you later Kev in the candy bar for a Volgswagen !!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Commodore. Tells me a lot about your friend. I know a lot of Commodore piston heads in Aus. No one would drive such a gas guzzling piece of scrap in Europe. The women you know don't know much about cars. German women are different. Germans live and breath the fact they build the best cars in the world. The women as well. And they buy Dusters along with most European countries plus Africa and South America.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Germans live and breath the fact they build the best cars in the world.
I thought the dacia was made in Romania ? - well Germany has really moved up a notch or two if it's competing with Romania!!!

Africa and South America - yep good bedmates too!!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

09-06-2018, 06:14 PM

It is built in Rumania. I didn't write different.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Commodore. Tells me a lot about your friend. I know a lot of Commodore piston heads in Aus. No one would drive such a gas guzzling piece of scrap in Europe. The women you know don't know much about cars. German women are different. Germans live and breath the fact they build the best cars in the world. The women as well. And they buy Dusters along with most European countries plus Africa and South America.
Still, they're not above fiddling exhaust emmision figures.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-06-2018, 12:27 AM

you sort advice and you have been advised!!!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

10-06-2018, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Still, they're not above fiddling exhaust emmision figures.
True. What I don't understand is that they were producing competitive motors anyway most of which had the least emission in their type. Renault is the largest motor producer world wide and Mercedes use their motors in some of their models. Mercedes didn't directly accuse Renault but tried to shove some of the blame on them when they had nothing to do with it. Bosch produced all the corrupted software for these motors and got out of this scot free saying they didn't know what the software was going to be used for. The whole world knows now what VW has done. Trying to prove all the German manufacturers got together and plan this has also failed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 01:46 PM

Woman's point of view - I like the shape of the new Duster and can't believe they are so cheap. There is a very nice silver colour in the range as well I know nothing about cars (obviously) but if the shape and colour is OK I will probably be interested in a test drive - will I be disappointed. I currently drive a Golf TSI and having had Golfs for years I don't really have any other yardstick to go by. Please be kind with any replies

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top