Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Fenders Top 20

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Setzer still going strong there, Fender. Good to see that vid.

I seem to remember Slim Jim Phantom of the band marrying Britt Eckland at some stage too.

What we got coming up next bud?
Top secret mate.....

One thing I liked with that, is how they went into the Pink Panther theme. A clever touch imo.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 08:04 PM

No.9 The Carpet Crawlers - Genesis

I adore the lyrics in this track - very clever and kind of magical.
There are many opinions on what it means, but the general thought is that it's about conception. You decide....

Phil Collins voice is very apparent in the chorus's

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 05:12 AM

Love that track Fender.
I noticed a thread about Genesis on here which I keep meaning to add my input to.
I like most of their stuff, both Gabriel and Collins era.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

13-06-2018, 06:24 PM

Yes mate,

You can't beat some Genesis - great band.
I also like that track "getting better in your wardrobe" Do you remember that one?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yes mate,

You can't beat some Genesis - great band.
I also like that track "getting better in your wardrobe" Do you remember that one?
(I Know What I Like) In Your Wardrobe.
Great song and the band's first hit single and their only hit with Gabriel.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

13-06-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
(I Know What I Like) In Your Wardrobe.
Great song and the band's first hit single and their only hit with Gabriel.
Ha,

I should have got the name right - as I listen to that often...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

13-06-2018, 08:32 PM

No.10 "Babies" - Pulp

Babies follows a simple "teen angst" story-song. The song's protagonist, a teenage boy, spends platonic afternoons in a female friend's room listening to her older sister and the boys she takes to her room and, presumably, has sex with but this is not enough for him and he hides in the elder sister's wardrobe and watches her with David, who works in a local garage. Unable to tell the younger sister, who appears to be the real object of his affections, for fear she will tell her mother the song's narrator listens outside as she proposes sex to a boy named Neve (The song's chorus is a proposal of sex: "I wanna take you home, I wanna give you children...".) Finally he comes "home" to the disappointment that the elder sister has moved out, presumably in an act of nostalgia he re-enters the wardrobe but falls asleep and is found by the elder sister and the two have sex, only to be caught by the younger sister, culminating in the boy making the pathetic, but seemingly genuine, excuse: "I only went with her cos she looks like you."

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-06-2018, 09:29 PM

Oh I love that, Fender, and I love Pulp too. Great band.
My personal favourites are the great festival-themed song "Sorted For E's And Wizz" and the darkly voyeuristic "I Spy".
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

13-06-2018, 10:03 PM

TBH, I've not really listened to much of their other stuff. Perhaps I should give it a go!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

14-06-2018, 08:14 PM

No.11 Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols

Love this track.
I think the video is very clever. Done like a karaoke evening in a bar, except it's the actual band playing at the back. Also like how the tv on the wall is on a kind of slight delay.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top