Join for free
Page 7 of 50 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:11 PM

Re: Brexit and the EU

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Brexit, if done as it should be done, would be a massive boon for the UK so why would you want to minimise that effect........Only a Remainer talks that sort of shite!
IF, two little letters one big meaning.

As the old saying goes "IF my aunt had testes she would be my uncle"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:14 PM

Moscow that's the sort of empty rhetoric we have heard all along from the leave campaign. It gives vague promises of unknown benefits on condition that things are done in a certain (undefined) way. Pretty much tells us nothing concrete, like a promise of finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

As you don't define what "as it should be done" means, everything that is done can be criticised as being wrongly done and you can then blame the other side as is always the case.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
IF, two little letters one big meaning.

As the old saying goes "IF my aunt had testes she would be my uncle"

If your Aunt had had testes why would you have called her Aunt?

Sorry Bruv, but that's a crap analogy!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:25 PM

Things could heat up soon, reported today Boris could make a grab for leadership as soon as tomorrow, others ready to toss their hats in the ring.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Things could heat up soon, reported today Boris could make a grab for leadership as soon as tomorrow, others ready to toss their hats in the ring.
Grabbing and tossing sounds about right given the calibre of candidates.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Moscow that's the sort of empty rhetoric we have heard all along from the leave campaign. It gives vague promises of unknown benefits on condition that things are done in a certain (undefined) way. Pretty much tells us nothing concrete, like a promise of finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

As you don't define what "as it should be done" means, everything that is done can be criticised as being wrongly done and you can then blame the other side as is always the case.
You want certainties where none are knowable. That's your fairytale view of politcs. You want soma in an unpredictable and volatile world.

All we can do for now is break the ties that bind you, that hold you back and create a new destiny.

I make no promises other than we chart a new course and I'm very happy and excited by that prospect.

Brexit IS quite straightforward. Only Remain supporters muddy the waters in a vain attempt to stop us leaving the EU.

There were many problems with EU membership and where the EU was going and your kind failed to resolve them......You created Brexit. It's your baby.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Brexit, if done as it should be done, would be a massive boon for the UK so why would you want to minimise that effect........Only a Remainer talks that sort of shite!
Hi

One of the big things about Brexit is the ability to do Free Trade Deals, why would you not want one with the EU?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I do hope so.

I'd trust Boris to get us out of the EU without any compromise or concession. He could also be the saviour of the Conservative Party.

I, and many others, have stated publicly that we intend to vote for UKIP. I suspect there may also be some of like mind in the Labour Party.

A true Brexit, led by Boris or someone of like mind, could reverse that decision. Just do what the majority of voters want.

May has had two years to achieve Brexit, and has done nothing more than dither and talk a lot of nonsense. She has also shown that she has no idea of how to make good decisions: look at the last general election she called not long ago. The woman is an unmitigated disaster.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-07-2018, 01:03 PM

You want certainties where none are knowable. That's your fairytale view of politcs. You want soma in an unpredictable and volatile world.

All we can do for now is break the ties that bind you, that hold you back and create a new destiny.

I make no promises other than we chart a new course and I'm very happy and excited by that prospect.

Brexit IS quite straightforward. Only Remain supporters muddy the waters in a vain attempt to stop us leaving the EU.

There were many problems with EU membership and where the EU was going and your kind failed to resolve them......You created Brexit. It's your baby.
Exactly as I've already said, this is more empty rhetoric. You make no promises - I know that already.

I live in the real world, a world where there's just as much inadequacy holding back progress as determination to move forward.

Thinking Brexit is "quite" straightforward is what has got us this far into the mire. Underestimating the complexity of such a move has been a disaster.

Fact is that you don't leave an organisation like the EU without a plan. We messed up big time by launching a referendum with no idea of what happens next. You think that was a good move? That a government making such a poor judgement call is going to steer us to a better place?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Fact is that you don't leave an organisation like the EU without a plan.
Of course. I have such a plan.

1. Stop paying 'membership fees'.

2. Take complete possession of our borders.

3. The EU kicks us out.

4. Trade under WTO rules with anyone who wants to trade with us.

5. Open trade negotiations with anyone who wants to trade with us.

6. Reply politely to the EU mandarins when they come running.

What could be simpler?

Oh, and get rid of 'that woman'.

Page 7 of 50 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top