Join for free
Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: 23rd June People's March

Originally Posted by twizzle
Two more for the list......
The list!
Your name will also go on the list!

Oh what a gift!

https://youtu.be/
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Some of us "remoaners" are genuinely concerned for the future. The less forthright of us have given up "bleating" as if we do we get jumped on " like monkeys on a cupcake".

This attitude of "shut up and get on with it" together with the fact that Cameron had no ideas of what to do if folk voted out and vanished into the ether and this Government not giving us any confidence in their negotiations is not coducive to us changing our minds.

Perhaps a bit of reassurance from Brexiteers may help instead of attacking all the time?
I personally am terrified that I won't have the resources to face more cuts and austerity which seems to be inevitable if we have no deal.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some of us "remoaners" are genuinely concerned for the future. The less forthright of us have given up "bleating" as if we do we get jumped on " like monkeys on a cupcake".

This attitude of "shut up and get on with it" together with the fact that Cameron had no ideas of what to do if folk voted out and vanished into the ether and this Government not giving us any confidence in their negotiations is not coducive to us changing our minds.

Perhaps a bit of reassurance from Brexiteers may help instead of attacking all the time?
I personally am terrified that I won't have the resources to face more cuts and austerity which seems to be inevitable if we have no deal.
Not sure I'm with you on that bit Tess.
Seems to me that it's largely the remainers who are negative & spout continuous doom & gloom?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Not sure I'm with you on that bit Tess.
Seems to me that it's largely the remainers who are negative & spout continuous doom & gloom?
I think that, irrespective of how people voted, we are all going to exit the EU. Those who are unable to accept that, so keep trying to stop progress, are just making things worse.

The world's press will be reporting the actions of the remainers and it will just make Britain look like a country that cannot agree on a course of action.
If you were a business in another country, but outside the EU, would you want to trade with a Britain that is not united in it's actions?

We should all be working together to make this work.... but some remainers will not let us do that & that is what will stop the money coming in. If we seem weak other countries will try to get deals with us that are more lucrative for themselves!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think that, irrespective of how people voted, we are all going to exit the EU. Those who are unable to accept that, so keep trying to stop progress, are just making things worse.

The world's press will be reporting the actions of the remainers and it will just make Britain look like a country that cannot agree on a course of action.
If you were a business in another country, but outside the EU, would you want to trade with a Britain that is not united in it's actions?

We should all be working together to make this work.... but some remainers will not let us do that & that is what will stop the money coming in. If we seem weak other countries will try to get deals with us that are more lucrative for themselves!
It's a fact Twink that many remainers are more concerned with being proven right than what is the best course of action for the country, and that is why they are doing their damndest to thwart the process.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It's a fact Twink that many remainers are more concerned with being proven right than what is the best course of action for the country, and that is why they are doing their damndest to thwart the process.
I agree Barry "some" of them are so bitter & twisted about it, they'd almost like to see it fail just so they can say "told ya so"

Pathetic imo.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The list!
Your name will also go on the list!

Oh what a gift!

https://youtu.be/
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Fender that is one of the reasons I opted to put her on ignore!Nobody can hold a sensible debate with an irate person, who is unable at accept an apology for a mistake and begins to sound like a child having a tantrum!

I mistook her for another poster, who cannot accept the result of the vote, so I apologized.
I also apologized to Lion Queen, who was misled by my post and she kindly accepted........ but then Lion queen is a regular poster in all topics and displays an ability to conduct civilized discussions!
Thanks Twink, you didnt need to apologise, it was my fault for not reading through the others posts xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
In ten years time hopefully many of the older Brexiters will be dead and the young will have a chance at putting right the damage they've done while remembering their selfishness with contempt.
oh dear, how rude
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

I doubt anyone would jump on you for having a different view, but, if the view is aggressive such as Twizzles then yes people will jump. I think people 'attack' when someone provokes that attack. The key is debate rather than argue I think.

Page 11 of 35 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top