Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:31 AM

gutter check

Just checked one of our roof gutters that seems to attract a lot of dirt
AS many on here already know I have a Skyvac (google it) portable roof gutter cleaning system. So on one of the extn tubes I fixed a compact camera via a flexible 3 legged support. Yes even this time of year the gutter it needed a clearout.

that was job no2

First was to finish cutting back a hedge with the hedge trimmer which I started to do yesterday. Couldn't finish the job yesterday as the old petrol hedge trimmer gave up the ghost after many years of service.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:38 AM

Re: gutter check

You seem to have a bit of a fixation about your gutters RS, do you live in the middle of a forest or something?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 01:47 PM

My gutter has been blocked on a number of occasions, more so in winter, blowing leaves,not to mention the dirt that comes off the roof,..my downpipe gets blocked more than anything, if it's not cleaned,then all the water from the gutter overflows, ...i use my outside hose,..a good strong blast,job done.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 03:29 PM

Barry
I have 4 huge oak trees at the bottom of my garden. They are at least twice the height of the house with TPO's on them. They are only 50ft from the back of the house

Gutter cleaning around here is about £80 each time and so far I have done my own 6/7 times. I will leave you to work out what it would have cost me so far. That bit of kit as paid for itself already @£400

So when autumn comes, they need doing more than once!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see they need regular cleaning, at least at the back several times to keep them clear of leaves etc. A blocked downpipe is what one does not want
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-06-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My gutter has been blocked on a number of occasions, more so in winter, blowing leaves,not to mention the dirt that comes off the roof,..my downpipe gets blocked more than anything, if it's not cleaned,then all the water from the gutter overflows, ...i use my outside hose,..a good strong blast,job done.
Are your gutters this high

and my downpipe goes straight into the ground pipework, as seen in the picture, I don't think hose water pressure would be any good on this anyway
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:09 PM

My gutter at the top of house,has a down pipe,which obviously water runs down,then another downpipe, which runs from my porch,i have a water butt,plus connector,detatch,and a good power hose,then into drain.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180624_150423.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6287  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 09:31 PM

One advantage of living in a bungalow is that I can do that myself.

I suppose you could demolish your first floor!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
One advantage of living in a bungalow is that I can do that myself.

I suppose you could demolish your first floor!
Same here JB, I can clean mine out while standing on Mrs Fox's shoulders. Strong woman that she is....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here JB, I can clean mine out while standing on Mrs Fox's shoulders. Strong woman that she is....
I suppose a logical alternative would be to let her do it standing on your shoulders and keep your own hands clean.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suppose a logical alternative would be to let her do it standing on your shoulders and keep your own hands clean.
That's a great idea JB, it does play havoc with my nails...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top