Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Damage to Debit Card from Mobile

After damaging my previous smartphone camera I've bought a wallet type cover to protect the present mobile. This wallet has spaces in it to keep debit cards on the inside of the front cover.
I have a very small wallet which I keep my debit card in which coincidently has just torn so needs to be replaced.

Is it safe to keep my debit card in my mobile phone wallet or will it be affected by being right next to my mobile phone while its being used, charged up etc.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Re: Damage to Debit Card from Mobile

One of my daughters keeps her card in her phone cover, I have never heard her say it damaged it but don't quote me.
I keep mine in my purse.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:19 AM

With the large number of mobile 'phones being stolen, is it wise to have your credit/debit card kept in the same cover???
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
With the large number of mobile 'phones being stolen, is it wise to have your credit/debit card kept in the same cover???
That occurred to me too, eggs and baskets perhaps....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:58 AM

I keep my cards in a stainless steel wallet to make sure the contactless ones are not zapped by anyone.
I know lots of people who do keep their cards in the pocket of their phone case without the card being damaged.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:17 AM

I could be wrong....(not you I hear you say) but.....In the old days when information on the card was via a magnetic strip (Ooh Missus!) it could be scrambled by coming into contact with anything magnetic.....And wouldn't work. It sometimes still happens with hotel room keys (the card type)...Uh' tell me about it!..

But nowadays information is via an RFID chip, and will not be affected by magnetic waves from speakers etc....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
After damaging my previous smartphone camera I've bought a wallet type cover to protect the present mobile. This wallet has spaces in it to keep debit cards on the inside of the front cover.
I have a very small wallet which I keep my debit card in which coincidently has just torn so needs to be replaced.

Is it safe to keep my debit card in my mobile phone wallet or will it be affected by being right next to my mobile phone while its being used, charged up etc.
My Opal card (Like your Oyster card) is kept in my phone case and has been for a long time without any problems so I doubt your debit or credit cards will suffer any damage.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:21 PM

Probably nothing to worry about but I keep my debit card away from my phone.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:59 PM

Keep phone and cards separate

Also, buy yourself an RFID wallet/purse, there are many available. Shields the RFID chips in the cards from being scanned by thieves whilst they are still in your pocket.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:05 PM

Yes Teacher!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top