Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:06 PM

Badger hunting/baiting etc

I was watching an early episode of 'Heart Beat' 1992 36 yrs ago and the piece was centered on 'badger baiting/ killing and sporting. quiet horrific to watch and something I thought was all in the past and no longer a part of British sub-culture. but then I turn to:

https://naturewatch.org/campaign/bad...badger-baiting

well the brits may be called a nation of animal lovers but not all heh including of course the fox hunts?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:23 PM

Re: Badger hunting/baiting etc

No it still goes on though less so now thyan in the past, as does hunting in OZ.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
No it still goes on though less so now thyan in the past, as does hunting in OZ.
erhmm - what do we hunt in OZ??
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->

'roos..........?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Culture?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Camels, Donkeys Water Buffalo, Horses, Cattle, goats, Pigs, Rabbits, Hares, Cats Dogs, House Sparrows, Foxes.to name a few.

Their is illegal hunting in Australia, as well as legal.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ne...418-1535283675
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 12:44 PM

Some might be interested in reading the facts from a man who is out there, working with a passion to expose these wildlife killers.
If you go on to his 'Blog' there is much information on what really goes on, and not just what the hunters want you to believe:

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/blog/

Anyone sufficiently interested, ought to follow this man's blog through the forthcoming hunting season and I have no doubt it will be an eye opener for some.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

26-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Some might be interested in reading the facts from a man who is out there, working with a passion to expose these wildlife killers.
If you go on to his 'Blog' there is much information on what really goes on, and not just what the hunters want you to believe:

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/blog/
good site Mups - thanks

all of our kills in OZ are clean shots - we don't do rabbit baiting for instance - and I thought badger baiting was considered more of a sport - with big money waged - on how many badgers could be mauled to death by dogs who also receive fatal injuries - bit different from a straight kill in the desert or the bush??

and of course we could continue talking about fox hunting and the ripping up of the fox by the hounds once caught and the daubing of fox blood on the young male/female teenagers learning the skills of the hunt. Oh yes very clean and civilized!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:04 PM

I hate all hunting unless necessary for food, which it isn't in developed countries really.
Don't the Maltese kill songbirds?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:16 PM

Thanks Gummy.
Every year it is the same. We hear all the toffee-nosed hunting lot going on about the Sabs, but it is important to hear the other point of view too.

Here is yet more Video'd proof of yet another unprovoked attack on the Sabs by a right nutter, but he was caught on film. I prefer proof to hearsay.

https://www.rt.com/uk/419031-hunt-sa...-attack-smash/

I don't doubt there are a few Sabs who do things illegally, but not many in comparison, certainly no where as many illegal acts as the hunt themselves carry out every season!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top