Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 02:49 PM

How much storage do you have on your phone?

I remember owning the Nokia N95 8GB which, at the time, was a huge amount of storage. Now the Galaxy Note 9 is out which offers 1 terabyte (512GB + 512GB microSD).

I think a terabyte is a bit overkill, but my 3 phones don't have microSD capability and two of them are 64GB and the third 128GB. Even that is more than I could use. I bought the Honor 10 128GB to have a taste of android and because my music collection would fit onto it although I haven't got round to that yet. Also, I stream a lot but like the option of local storage. When I was in hospital they didn't have wi-fi and streaming video would cause a huge dent in my data usage. I solved this by downloading a few films prior to my stay.

How much do you use/need? What is your sweet spot? Do you keep lots of music, movies and other files or do you get by with relatively little storage?
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

27-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Re: How much storage do you have on your phone?

I have no idea of how much storage my phone has...because all it stores for me is my phone numbers...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 06:40 PM

I always get a phone with expandable storage - just in case.
However, I like to use things made for the task, rather than a jack of all trades / master of none - the mobile.

I'll generally use a Nikon dslr for photography and I use high resolution music players for my music.

If, as you, I was in hospital etc, I'd rather use a tablet than a mobile for the larger screen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 06:40 PM

I only have a basic mobile phone and not a smart phone and it only stores about 50 texts.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:52 PM

16 gb and have used 10 gb of it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:15 PM

Are you on about a house phone or a mobile? I don't have any storage on a mobile because I don't have one.

Why is it that everyone assumes that everybody has a mobile phone???????
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:16 PM

No idea.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Are you on about a house phone or a mobile? I don't have any storage on a mobile because I don't have one.

Why is it that everyone assumes that everybody has a mobile phone???????
Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere - how far do you think you'd walk to find a phonebox?

No, they're not for everyone, but can be a lifesaver sometimes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 01:06 PM

I forgot mine last week when I went down to Ocean Terminal, my nearest big shopping centre. It was pretty hard work - 30 minutes - to find a taxi to get me back home and I couldn't have managed to walk or get the bus.

Mobiles really are lifesavers. Although I now have a landline, I didn't always and needed my phone if I had to call 999.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 02:03 PM

64Gb of which 20Gb is being used. 13Gb of that is used by the Android `Oreo` operating system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top