Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:14 PM

Re: Generousity Has No Bounds

I must admit when I heard this I thought I'd misheard. I had to sit and wonder if it was April Fools Day.
It beggars belief doesn't it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I must admit when I heard this I thought I'd misheard. I had to sit and wonder if it was April Fools Day.
It beggars belief doesn't it.
Just a bit.......
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I think it was £4bn, still too much, but we'll probably prop up a few dictators anyway.
Yes Ray, You are right. It is £4 billion.

I have corrected it now.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Mrs May is in Africa talking to Government Leaders about Trade deals for the future
This, of course, is a very good plan for the British economy especially after Brexit
There is much opportunity in the African Continent and Countries.
A generous figure of £4 Billion investment has been quoted.
As well as the Billions in Foreign Aid, making the Dictators very rich indeed.
In that case, why can’t the Government spend the same on the UK economy?
Why are there so many cutbacks in essential services?
There are Thousands unemployed. and many Cities and Towns in the North of England, where
there has been s mass unemployment for years. Investment is badly needed there as well
The N H S badly needs financial aid too.
Why are Foreign Countries put first before the UK?

Start preparing for an influx of African refugees.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Start preparing for an influx of African refugees.
You're a bit late with that UJ.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 07:53 PM

I guess it's called posing on the world stage! Every British Prime Minister wants to be seen as a Saint to the rest of the world. Each one has to be better than any other leader, and of course, be seen to be taking firm action in giving more aid than any other leader.

It's so easy of course giving away billions of pounds of our taxpayer money. It doesn't seem to matter what the cost to our own needy. Sod them. Social care? kick it into the long grass for the next leader to sort out, The vulnerable? defer to a later date, i.e. when I've served my leadership and been awarded sainthood immortal. When people hear my name, it will be a case of "My goodness, that man/woman was a saint! forever thinking of the needy overseas, and so generous with aid. I wish we had more like him/her.

They just want the badge of honour. They cannot even fathom that that amount of money would solve almost all the basic needs such as care, that our own are having to do without. They just don't care. Why? because it is not public or grandstanding enough for every idiot we have had running our government.

Maybe if we let them know more and more and showed them what we thought by teaching them a lesson at the ballot box, they might take a bit more notice of the many, many voices protesting at the injustice of it all.
In the meantime, I won't hold my breath that they will do the right thing, cut the overseas aid by half and use what is, after all, our taxes, to look after our own first instead of looking for sainthood from the rest of the world.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:16 PM

BUT S girl you have to first get the sluggish British voter to the ballot box and as you have no compulsory voting system in UK the uninterested in politics British voters won't get out of their armchairs on voting day!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Quite right shropshiregirl.

Vanity! Vanity! all is Vanity!.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top