Join for free
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:55 AM

What is this?

Recently I have been getting this on some of my emails.
I am not too bothered as the emails are adverts and I normally just delete them without even bothering to read them.
It looks to me that some of these adverts have some sort of virus.
It has not affected any of my apps or programmes that I have on the iPad or iPhone that I now use most of the time.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	B71E0512-B9A4-441F-87FC-98F9DE94DE06.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	6971  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Re: What is this?

Because the message is in Chinese script some of the characters on the page can't be deciphered properly because those particular characters won't be present on your phone.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 12:53 PM

But some of the other simular emails are not from China. Even from the 🇬🇧 Uk. Notice that the heading is in English.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 12:56 PM

They do look strange emjay
I would delete straight away too
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

29-08-2018, 01:01 PM

I do as I can’t read them. 😀
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 02:21 PM

One thing you can do is to type those exact words into a search engine. If you, the results bring up a site that is indeed to do with selling a product that is said to ease Tinnitus.

It is probably nothing more than ordinary spam without a threat of any malware but still best deleted as you already do.

How are you reading emails? Is it with the browser or an e-mail program? Usually, gobbledygook in web pages occurs because the browser doesn't understand the character set used by the person who put the page together. In this case, the e-mail sender. Perhaps nothing more to it than that.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

30-08-2018, 08:19 AM

I mostly receive and read my mail on my iPad. As I can see by the headline that they are adverts, I just delete them.
This has only started a few days ago, and I just wondered why.
All important mail is not affected, and also some other advertisements that I have subscribed to in the past.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Spammers/advertisers just get hold of your e-mail address one way or another. I read somewhere that they might target various parts of the World in a kind of rota system. If so, that e-mail might stop arriving as quickly as it started. The e-mail service provider filters a lot of spam e-mails out and maybe they'll catch up with that one in the end.

Filters can often be set up by the user to filter spam e-mails and put them straight into the rubbish bin or delete it. That might be worth looking into if the e-mail is found too annoying.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top