Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 11:02 PM

Re: Alex Salmond

Originally Posted by John leave ->
it seems all the practises that were exceptable 20-30-40years ago but are not now are being resurrected to get rid of mps that don`t fit into todays way of thinking.

Whole heartedly agree.
For example a young lad walking through a press shop full of women would be on the receiving end of an extraordinary amount of sexual innuendo and harassment.
Or does that not fit in with the feminist agenda?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 01:26 AM

Well perhaps we're now in the 'age of women power' or perhaps 'women trying to take power'? and will they improve the form ? - well we've just heard the case of the italian female star who took advantage of her younger male actor - in my day we would have called that - bloody lucky!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by John leave ->
it seems all the practises that were exceptable 20-30-40years ago but are not now are being resurrected to get rid of mps that don`t fit into todays way of thinking.
Sexual abuse has never been acceptable.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
although i loathe the man, i certainly won't judge him.
i still believe in innocent until proven guilty.
i feel sorry for any man in the public eye, i feel sorry for salmond. All it takes is one female with a beef against them, it doesn't matter how long ago it allegedly happened. It could be perhaps that he treated them badly, sacked them, ignored them, it could be some female who wants her 15 minutes of fame, who knows? But it is so easy now to accuse a public figure and they are finished! Even he who must obey here is saying "there's no smoke without fire". So what chance does a man have of ever being able to prove the accusations are completely made up!. Imagine what cliff richards went through with even worse accusations.

If he is guilty, so be it, chuck the ruddy book at him, but sometimes i feel there is a bit of a witch-hunt from the me too brigade, where everyone wants in on the act.

Maybe i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will tell me if i am.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Salmond has a cheek asking people to donate to crowd funding to help pay for his defence.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 10:23 AM

He certainly has Tara, with all the money he"s got. lol
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Sexual harassment and abuse has NEVER been acceptable.
If only it was that simple Tara....I spent most of my working life in factories, sometimes the office girls would walk through the machine shop to hail a of banter and flirting. Most of them loved it and would give back as much as they got....All good fun Tara. Even here on the forum there is sexual innuendo everywhere and it's all meant in good spirits (hopefully) some girls join in while others tut, wring their hands and are offended. Tis the world we live in, Man pursues women, and women either enjoy the attention or they decline it...Either way, it's what nature intended for the continuation of species...But the world is changing....Man chases man, and woman chases women, and in this brave new world, being gay seems to be more accepted than the old hetrosexual dinasour of years gone by.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 10:42 AM

Although I loathe the man, I certainly won't judge him.
I still believe in innocent until proven guilty.
I feel sorry for any man in the public eye, I feel sorry for Salmond. All it takes is one female with a beef against them, it doesn't matter how long ago it allegedly happened. it could be perhaps that he treated them badly, sacked them, ignored them, it could be some female who wants her 15 minutes of fame, who knows? but it is so easy now to accuse a public figure and they are finished! Even He who must obey here is saying "there's no smoke without fire". so what chance does a man have of ever being able to prove the accusations are completely made up!. Imagine what Cliff Richards went through with even worse accusations.

If he is guilty, so be it, chuck the ruddy book at him, but sometimes I feel there is a bit of a witch-hunt from the Me Too brigade, where everyone wants in on the act.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me if I am.
.....Great post Shropshiregirl.....But even though Cliff was cleared of the accusations, whenever you hear his name, or see his face, that is the first thing that will come into peoples minds.....'The bloke who was accused of sexual misconduct'....His reputation will be tarnished forever.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Hi OGF, that's very true. What happened to Cliff has certainly taken it's toll on him. He was always known as the Peter Pan of Pop due to his still youthful looks even past the age of 70! but look at him now!. So sad, no amount of not guilty verdicts will ever take away the stain of such vile accusations against a once admired saintly icon. The thought will always be in every single person's mind the moment they see or read about him.

Very sad.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Hi OGF, that's very true. What happened to Cliff has certainly taken it's toll on him. He was always known as the Peter Pan of Pop due to his still youthful looks even past the age of 70! but look at him now!. So sad, no amount of not guilty verdicts will ever take away the stain of such vile accusations against a once admired saintly icon. The thought will always be in every single person's mind the moment they see or read about him.

Very sad.
....Yes, such a shame Shropshiregirl....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top