Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Animal welfare in SE Asia

Having lived in SE Asian countries from time to time it is my view that most Asians have little understanding of 'good and safe' animal welfare. They like to emulate animal zoos and marine parks but seldom get it right. This is yet another example of a country which still kills whales and dolphins for human consumption

marine park crisis in Japan
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Re: Animal welfare in SE Asia

I just clicked on your link, and I was heartbroken.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I just clicked on your link, and I was heartbroken.

Don't think I had better click on it then.

I know horrendous cruelty goes on day and night, all over the world, but I do not want to keep watching thanks Gummy.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 04:59 PM

I daren't click it either, it just breaks my heart to know so much cruelty goes on
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 02:06 AM

well there are no actual pictures to see - just an article - but it IS bad enough just reading about it - and I guess the world will stand by - is there an international RSPCA that operates?

they say a dolphin is now showing signs of distressed behavior - you should read it really - we all need at least to know what is happening even if we can't watch it
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well there are no actual pictures to see - just an article - but it IS bad enough just reading about it - and I guess the world will stand by - is there an international RSPCA that operates?

they say a dolphin is now showing signs of distressed behavior - you should read it really - we all need at least to know what is happening even if we can't watch it
I saw pictures!!!! Those little penguins
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I saw pictures!!!! Those little penguins
yes SP - stop distressing - there were two pics - one of a dolphin and one of two penguins and they did not on the pics looked distressed - so IMO were not horrific pics to see. The story itself is more distressing - you have had a difficult day I know what with babies sitting on top of cars and jet plans screaming overhead - not a buddhist type calming day heh>
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes SP - stop distressing - there were two pics - one of a dolphin and one of two penguins and they did not on the pics looked distressed - so IMO were not horrific pics to see. The story itself is more distressing - you have had a difficult day I know what with babies sitting on top of cars and jet plans screaming overhead - not a buddhist type calming day heh>
No, I am all of a dither today.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top