Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Re: Designer Dogs

It’s a mixed breed.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What would you call a Bulldog crossed with a Shih Tzu?
Bull Sh*t
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Hi Nicol, I know where you are coming from in that lots of rescues are full of Staffies, but they can make wonderful pets. What I'd say is take your time and look around at numerous Rescue Centres.
A colleague at work has a rescue staffie and she loves it to bits, it occasionally drives her a bit nuts with its howling but it seems to have settled into her family nicely, she has had it to classes a local neighbour runs to get a bit discipline into it, I don’t think she would be without Sid now
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
A colleague at work has a rescue staffie and she loves it to bits, it occasionally drives her a bit nuts with its howling but it seems to have settled into her family nicely, she has had it to classes a local neighbour runs to get a bit discipline into it, I don’t think she would be without Sid now
Thought that was an English Bull Terrier but I could be wrong....

But whatever, Staffies are very strong and powerful dogs whatever their temperament and I'm not confident with that type of dog at my age.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Thought that was an English Bull Terrier but I could be wrong....
Ah ha I don’t know dogs very well! What do they say about opening your mouth and proving you are an idiot it’s the one with the funny shaped head that looks like Sid
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Ah ha I don’t know dogs very well! What do they say about opening your mouth and proving you are an idiot it’s the one with the funny shaped head that looks like Sid
Yeah, one of these?

Still strong, powerful dogs.

This is a Staffie

DWebb
North East, UK

03-09-2018, 08:28 PM

Sid is neither, like the top one but Jo’s Sid has a Red neck scarf

That dogs balls are a bit in your face
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:49 PM

are people choosing these designer dogs over pure breeds now I wonder?

I do like the labradoodles, I know someone who has one and it has a brilliant personality and gorgeous looking.

I have a friend who breeds dogs and when I asked her what breed they are she told me 'JackSchitts' I remember chuckling when I heard the name of the breed as I know a story about Jack Schitt, but thats another thread. Jack Russell crossed with Schitzu
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:01 PM

My late dog Floyd was a Yorkie x Shih tzu he was brilliant, they didn't have a name for them 17 years ago but now he would be a Shorkie.
Dolores (Dolly) my new dog is a Shih tzu x Chihuahua I don't know what they call that but she cost me absolutely nothing and she is brilliant too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've recently upset someone over their dog. I met this woman while I was walking my dog and she had a small, brownish, very fluffy young dog on a lead. It was very friendly and I think still a puppy.

I asked her what breed it was as I didn't recognise it. She said it was a Cavapoochon So...a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel crossed with a Poodle and a Bichon.

Without thinking I said "Oh, a Heinz 57 then" to which she replied "No, it's a proper dog breed and it cost me a fortune".

Apparently she paid over a grand for this dog and didn't appreciate me calling it a mongrel, but isn't that what it is?

Is it just me or have people got more money than sense these days, everybody seems to be getting these designer dogs and they're damned expensive.

Think I'll just stick to my Lab

That one sentence jus about sums it up Nicol.

At over £1,000 these so-called 'breeders' are laughing all the way to the bank.

What annoys me is the people who say these crosses are healthier than purebreds, but what they can't seem to comprehend is, if they have been bred from unhealthy parents they will at some point, still have sick puppies, regardless of whether they are pedigrees or crossbreeds.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top