Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Re: Inedible foods.

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Actually come to think of it there are a few other things cannot/will not eat; brawn, (hate the jelly bit) trotters, chitterlings, get the drift here? However I do like liver, (thick onion gravy and creamy mash mmmmmm) faggots (in a bowl covered with tin processed peas and baked long and slow in oven then dressed with vinegar and pepper and served with crusty bread - another mmmm), and another family favourite is stuffed and braised lambs hearts, or braised ox heart. Actually thick slices of ox heart can be fried or grilled and served with chips etc as a much cheaper alternative to steak, and is always tender, juicy and lacking in fat.
Thanks for that one Daismay have just got half an ox heart, now I know what to do with it. MIL always did stuffed roast ox heart for Saturday dinner.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Thanks for that one Daismay have just got half an ox heart, now I know what to do with it. MIL always did stuffed roast ox heart for Saturday dinner.
Can I come for dinner on Saturday Hazel darlin' ????
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:37 AM

Tickle off no it's all for me!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Tickle off no it's all for me!!!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 05:53 PM

How about a Norwegian delicacy Sheeps Head, with the eyes in
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
I'm eating nothing that is staring back at me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I'm eating nothing that is staring back at me.
Don't want the front bit, but wouldn't mind the hind leg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
I used to have to cook dozens of sheeps heads for the dogs when I worked in kennels. They used to turn my stomach when taking the meat off them especial the eyes and brains.

Sometimes I couldn't keep up with them and so buried some in the wood. Heaven knows what people will think if they are ever dug up, witchcraft ?

How any person can eat them is beyond me, I can't cope with meat which looks like an animal
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 09:24 PM

I like porridge but only if made with salt in it

Can't eat squid at all. Couldn't look at duck!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2013, 10:32 PM

The hind legs are so tasty. i wouldnt eat the head either, afraid of getting one of the teeth stuck in my throat

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top