Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:12 PM

Re: Butter

Originally Posted by Wonda ->
Mmm you cant beat some delicious buttered crumpets ....yummy ,and it has to be butter not a spread.
oooh I can just taste them now... haven't had crumpets in ages
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
oooh I can just taste them now... haven't had crumpets in ages

my mouth is watering now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Crumpets toasted on a coal fire ......mmmmm!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:33 PM

used to do that when i was a kid and with a little jam on as well
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:38 PM

I don't like butter so never buy it, and very rarely use spreads. Eat dry toast or with jam on sometimes, and the only thing I have on a sandwich is the filling...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
I don't like butter so never buy it, and very rarely use spreads. Eat dry toast or with jam on sometimes, and the only thing I have on a sandwich is the filling...
We are so similar in so many ways, but part here .... toast has to be really buttery! And sandwiches must be buttered.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
We are so similar in so many ways, but part here .... toast has to be really buttery! And sandwiches must be buttered.
We are Eileen, but suppose we have to differ on something at times Can sit down and eat a slice of dry bread anytime, got to be wholemeal though-always keep a tub of spread in just in case I make sandwich for anyone. Couldn't really offer them a slice of dry bread and glass of water for dinner could I?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Crumpets toasted on a coal fire ......mmmmm!

oh yummy i can remember my gran toasting crumpets by the fire and homemade bread then adding lashing of butter
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:38 PM

Yes, merz, I suspect it's a nature/nurture thing. Genetically programmed to be very similar, but upbringing and life experiences would lead to different tastes .....

Leia cat, who tends to exaggerate a bit, tells company that I feed her on bread and water ... which is why she's skin and bones as her pics all show ,... little drama queen...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

12-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Yes, merz, I suspect it's a nature/nurture thing. Genetically programmed to be very similar, but upbringing and life experiences would lead to different tastes .....

Leia cat, who tends to exaggerate a bit, tells company that I feed her on bread and water ... which is why she's skin and bones as her pics all show ,... little drama queen...
Looking again at her pic Eileen, she does look hard done by-best of everything is not doing her well!!!!

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top