Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Good morning wednesday

-and my last day on here before xmas! Hope you all have a great time over the festive season and look forward to 'seeing' you all after -Jim.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 10:05 AM

Re: Good morning wednesday

Morning Jim - have a lovely xmas and safe journeys to you. Look forward to seeing you once it's all over
Morning all. It's not nice - pavements still icy and we had an ice/sleet showere an hour or so ago. However, I think the temperature is rising and we are forecast a mighty 6C today, +3 overnight and no more freezing temps for the next 5 days anyway. Hoorah for that.
We're meeting our friends in the pub at 11 (am!), so I think we'll start on coffee - it's rather early to start on anything stronger.
Have a lovely and safe day - I hope to get back later
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Morning - I will be taking the dogs for their hair cutting today so I will be £50 lighter - I should go on a course to learn how to do it myself. They will be like two little teddy bears this afternoon
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 10:43 AM

'ning..... That is all I have to say until I have had a mug of tea
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Morning all I am awake but not sure how had a spell volunteering at the "local" salvation army homesless shelter last night finally got home at 4,15 and up and moving now...makes you realise how lucky you are though the council have given more money this year due to the weather being below 0 so more "drop in centres kept open with hot food and dry new underwear/socks/hats/gloves etc. And they feel safe, a major concern for all of them.
I always enjoy talking to the people who want to chat a lot of "normal" people were there mostly due to mental health problms or relationship breakdowns.... I volunteer often and last night did a fair bit of cooking and plating up.

Anyhow home now.....and off out to shop till I drop.

Take care and stay safe is you are out and about.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Morning all

It is warmer here now and raining now. Hopefully the ice will thaw out. My dog delivery didn't make it here today having slid down a hill out of control sideways (he actually jumped out of the vehicle) I asked him to leave it at a local farm, my car subsequently slid down another hill out of control, I loaded the meat into the car and couldn't get back up the hill. Car is now abandoned at the farm.

One of the locals who was just taking his wife to work in his 4x4 (she had failed to get very far in her car) drove me and my meat home, the dogs will be pleased they had just eaten the last of the previous order!

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 03:49 PM

Afternoon all - it's raining here and dark enough to warrant putting the lights on. Definitely not so cold either...

My daughter, S-I-L and g/children have just left after spending lunchtime with us. The children are so excited and delighted in telling me that they had both received an email from Santa

I went to Sainsbury's at 8.30 this morning to get a few final bits and pieces and it was crowded ...... I hate to think what it would have been like a couple of hours later.

Hope the weather improves soon in the areas that have been hit bad....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 03:58 PM

G'day all, .. we's been blizzarred last night, the transport minister just said it's the worst snow we've had for 20 years, . . . looks like we're having a white Christmas after all.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Well, that's the last of the big freeze here, at least for a while. Had to put the 'snow chains' on my shoes to go down the hill to town, it was icy and treacherous. 4 hours later (!) it was pouring nasty wet stuff and thunder and lightning. But at least the roads and pavements were clear. You will be proud of me when I say I only had one G&T all the time we were out (plus a latte, cajun monkfish and a raspberry creme brulee). Lots of chat - so there wasn't a lot of drinking time anyway
It was dark at 2.15 and is lighter now at 4.15 Not for much longer though ... soon be xmas eve; the little ones will be getting so excited!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Woo hoo, finally got out of the house today, first since last Friday! The bus was running on my street today; it's a hilly area and it's rerouted when the streets are treacherous. Everything was fine over in the commercial area, sidewalks shoveled, although it was a problem getting from the sidewalks to the street to board the bus as the snow was piled waist high by the plows. But made it out and back from the market, well stocked now, but do need to go to the other market tomorrow for Leia's food. Then ... just relax and enjoy! Cards finally done, also wrapping and decorating. Sunny but still way below seasonal norms: -1 (30 F). wind chill -6!

Stay warm and dry, all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top