Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Re: A very cold Thursday

Yesterday's rain turned into an ice rink overnight. I needed to go to Sainsbury's early and the pavements were treacherous.

The sun is now up, the frozen pavements and roads have thawed and the temperature is comfortable for this time of the year!

Lots of last minute cleaning and little jobs to do, then I'll be ready to face Christmas!

Have a good Christmas everyone, if you need to travel, please take great care.... x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Well, most people don't dream of a wet Christmas, but that's apparently what we'll be getting: ice early then all day rain. No complaints from me, not planning to go anywhere, and it should melt a lot of the snow cover still hanging tough! Snow banks still waist high on my trip to the market for Leia's favorite food. Bright sunshine but still way below normal, -1 (30F). There's a huge storm in he Midwest so those folks will have a very white Christmas.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all, may it be a day full of happiness and joy!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Its all thawing here, and up to 4 degrees.....Been to get the last minute things, if I have forgotten anything, I do not need it....

Merry Christmas to everybody....
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 07:07 PM

It's just after 10 am here. It's -8, and it's snowing! Perfect!

You all have a wonderful Christmas!

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Snowed again last night but none today-but very cold. Got a rude awakening at 7am this morning-all the snow on my roof and my next door neighbours slid off-the sound of it sliding down was amazing-Hatti went berserk-really frightened her-I thought the roof was falling in

Managed to get car down street with a struggle but made it. Usually go for quick visit to my sisters on Christmas Eve, but not tonight-the bloomin street is now frozen just hoping I will be able to make it there tomorrow-if not, I've plenty food in and me and the Hatti girl will have a nice day at home.....

Have a lovely day all-if you have to travel take care........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:30 PM

How scary, merz! Stay in, stay warm if it's treacherous tomorrow; give Hatti girl a pat and a Merry Christmas to you both!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
How scary, merz! Stay in, stay warm if it's treacherous tomorrow; give Hatti girl a pat and a Merry Christmas to you both!
Not good Dandysmom-won't be moving tomorrow if its no different-just not worth it. Just given Hatti a pat from you and give Leia a little stroke from me

Happy Christmas to you as well "sis" and to Leia
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-12-2009, 11:59 PM

I will when she wakes up ... she had an early dinner as she said she was very hungry (she exaggerates terribly!) and is napping now ... as usual!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top