Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 06:55 PM

Re: Police Officier shot dead

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't agree with arming all the police... there are plenty of armed police available if needed we don't need every officer with a weapon that kills people that's a slippery slope in my opinion and one we can do without.

I agree we need more police officers and probably a complete upheaval of the justice system but that doesn't include capital punishment.... that's a retrograde step as far as I'm concerned
Capital punishment? Absolutely NOT. Banged up for life in an American style Supermax with the same Supermax regime? Oh yes!

Routinely armed police? It is now well past the time that was the case. We have allowed "multicultural" filth to enter our country and bring what people foolishly see as being a culture with them.

Well it's anything but a culture. It's tribal savagery that must not be allowed to polite OUR civilisation because if not stamped on it surely will.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 09:29 PM

Events of this nature are rare in this country, and one of the main reasons for that is the fact that the police don't routinely carry guns, and neither do the criminals. Guns are hard to get hold of in this country, and by arming the police there will instantly be lots of guns available, not just for the police, but for the criminals too. It will turn into 'open season' for the acquisition of a shooter.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Events of this nature are rare in this country, and one of the main reasons for that is the fact that the police don't routinely carry guns, and neither do the criminals. Guns are hard to get hold of in this country, and by arming the police there will instantly be lots of guns available, not just for the police, but for the criminals too. It will turn into 'open season' for the acquisition of a shooter.
Is that certain? How would arming the police make guns more available to the criminal?

Again, I'd like to compare ours to other European countries whose police are routinely armed.
Do the criminals in those countries possess more guns than our criminals (in the gun:criminal ratio)?
I'd be interested to see some figures.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Is that certain? How would arming the police make guns more available to the criminal?

Again, I'd like to compare ours to other European countries whose police are routinely armed.
Do the criminals in those countries possess more guns than our criminals (in the gun:criminal ratio)?
Well you are not likely to see figures like that, because we may know how many guns the police have, but most criminals are unlikely to register their guns... especially if they are going to use them when committing crime!

AT may think guns will stop terrorists killing, but he forgets that terrorists are often suicide bombers who will detonate their bombs when shot, just as they would before they were shot... so that won't save lives!
If some Muslim terrorists want death, surely humiliation would be a better punishment....along with seriously harsh punishments!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 09:47 AM

The police are not just there to face armed criminals JB, and there is nothing so reassuring as a good old fashioned bobby having a natter with you. They are only human after all.

There are a couple of armed police officers patrolling Meadowhall shopping mall the last few times I've been there, and there is nothing more intimidating as they pass, clutching an automatic weapon, even though you know you have done nothing wrong, it seems to take away their 'Human ness'.

It feels like we are turning into a police state, and it's one more step taken from being the good old fashioned friendly, helpful, local Bobby of old, towards their morph into soldiers....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well you are not likely to see figures like that, because we may know how many guns the police have, but most criminals are unlikely to register their guns... especially if they are going to use them when committing crime!

AT may think guns will stop terrorists killing, but he forgets that terrorists are often suicide bombers who will detonate their bombs when shot, just as they would before they were shot... so that won't save lives!
If some Muslim terrorists want death, surely humiliation would be a better punishment....along with seriously harsh punishments!
I agree, but it would have to be solitary. Otherwise they'd be there spreading their version of religion amongst all the other criminals.
My choice for them would be an oubliette.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 11:26 AM

I agree, but it would have to be solitary. Otherwise they'd be there spreading their version of religion amongst all the other criminals.
My choice for them would be an oubliette.
Hi

We share the same aim, but a different logic.

Do not make martyrs of them, we only get more.

Killing them abroad and saying nothing, is fine by me.

We cannot do that here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 11:32 AM

Why not?
We should not be keeping terrorists alive .
At least those who have taken the lives of the innocent .
They are a burden on society .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why not?
Hi

Different views Muddy, as simple as that.

Making Martyrs just means more of them.

Our Politicians cannot keep their gobs shut.

In other Countries they just disappear.

No Publicity, no public awareness, very effective.

They crave publicity, we give it them.

A huge mistake on our part.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why not?
I can't disagree with you Muddy & I am strongly in favour of capital punishment.... but no political party are ever going to risk votes by bringing this punishment back.
The problem is that most terrorist are stupid enough to believe that killing non Muslims & dying for the cause is a great honour... and they won't know it isn't till they are dead!
Personally i think that putting them into the stocks, on a regular basis & allowing those, they try to kill, to throw the leftovers from the market at them. Perhaps that would teach all potential suicide bombers that the shame and humiliation is not worth it!

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top