Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:03 PM

Prof Noel Fitzpatrick, his dog Keira

I don’t know how many of you ever watched Noel and his tv series, following his pioneering surgery on pets. Now he or his team have had to do the same for his beloved Border Terrier, Keira who, a few weeks ago, ran out from the premises and was hit by a van.

He messaged his fans on FB a few weeks ago, only just giving out the news of this incident which had happened a few weeks before. He has today thanked all those who have sent their love and best wishes to Keira and him, and said she isn’t out of the woods yet, and she is still fighting for recovery.

I expect this has knocked him for six. Keira is his world.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:13 PM

Re: Prof Noel Fitzpatrick, his dog Keira

He is amazing. A true pioneer for the work he does . I hope his little dog recovers . A lovely man
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:00 AM

Oh that is sad Noel has devoted so much of his time to his work there has been little time for a personal life, Keira helps to redress this balance. I hope Keira will be ok.

When watching the programme it has always bothered me that the entrance to the complex is so open and near the road, not a good thing where there are so many stressed dogs on the premises at risk of running off.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:48 AM

Agree Susan and Meg. Didn’t look secure, did it? But I don’t know if she was hit actually in his car park or out in the road. All I know is her injuries seem to be so serious as to cause him great concern.

I can’t imagine how the driver feels, hitting such a famous dog.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:48 AM

The same as he feels for hitting any dog I should think at least this one has the best possible vet .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:48 PM

I love those programmes about him and his practice.

Did you know his girlfriend got him a cross-eyed, bent-legged cat? He called her Ricochet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:36 PM

I hope his injured recovers. I am sure if anyone can mend her, he can.

He certainly seems a very clever and gifted surgeon.
Most of us would sure need good pet insurance to go there though:

https://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co....s/price-guide/
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-10-2020, 09:47 PM

Wow, some eye watering charges, but look how many people on the teams!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Wow, some eye watering charges, but look how many people on the teams!

That's true Jazzi.
He has got an awful lot of staff there.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's true Jazzi.
He has got an awful lot of staff there.
He's got an awful lot of very expensive kit to pay for too. Look at all the scanners, etc that are in use. Then there's the oncology unit with its own scanners, etc. I'll bet, on the quiet, he's in hock for a couple of million paying for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top