Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 06:52 PM

Netflix - I'm a bona fide member

... got my hands on a mate's username & password.

Watched four episodes of The Crown yay there's probably a lot more there to keep us amused.

Any recommendations? We like period stuff for grown ups, contemporary brit cop mysteries ...

Open to suggestions ...

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:59 PM

Re: Netflix - I'm a bona fide member

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Watched four episodes of The Crown yay there's probably a lot more there to keep us amused.

Any recommendations? We like period stuff for grown ups, contemporary brit cop mysteries ...

Open to suggestions ...

That's how I started on Netflix as part of my daughter's membership but now I have my own sub. The price here is going up from $13.99 to $15.99 a month in November but still worth it.

If you haven't seen it - Marcella is a must.

I also enjoyed Vikings and Norsemen (the latter is a parody of the former) as well as Dead to Me
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 06:55 AM

I loved Last Kingdom I then went on to the Vikings....I'll watch Norsemen next thanks for that Bruce.

If you prefer something less violent Anne with an E is lovely if its still available.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's how I started on Netflix as part of my daughter's membership but now I have my own sub. The price here is going up from $13.99 to $15.99 a month in November but still worth it.

If you haven't seen it - Marcella is a must.

I also enjoyed Vikings and Norsemen (the latter is a parody of the former) as well as Dead to Me
Thanks Bruce

I've got a stepson living in NSW, he recently bought into Netflix, can use it on four different devices anywhere, so he passed on his password to us. Now I'm wondering if this is exclusively aussie. I'll checkout your recommendations.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

19-10-2020, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I loved Last Kingdom I then went on to the Vikings....I'll watch Norsemen next thanks for that Bruce.

If you prefer something less violent Anne with an E is lovely if its still available.

Thanks summer, will look into those.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:00 AM

Thanks Bruce

I've got a stepson living in NSW, he recently bought into Netflix, can use it on four different devices anywhere, so he passed on his password to us. Now I'm wondering if this is exclusively aussie. I'll checkout your recommendations.
I don't know about other countries but that is true of my membership too however I really only watch it one one device.

My Sony TV in my bedroom won't handle Netflix (Useless Sony bastards) so I have set up an Android X96 to plug in if I want to watch it in bed however I haven't as yet felt the need.

BTW "My List" is ridiculously long I have no idea if I will ever get to watch them all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:35 AM

Open to suggestions ...

Yes d00d, turn off your telly and go out into the real world.....Time is running out!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

20-10-2020, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes d00d, turn off your telly and go out into the real world.....Time is running out!
You are right. to an extent.

I watch very little TV, I've always preferred to read, and other things. But I'm currently enjoying the small screen more than ever before. I pass on all the 'popular' shows, the news, 'reality', soaps ... And seek out a good drama series on iPlayer, and now Netflix, watch an episode or two at I time that suits me/us.

Ms d00d works two days a week, and I go out with the camera, weather permitting. We do other things, but 3 or 4 afternoons a week we binge (2 episodes) of something gripping.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 12:02 PM

You are right. to an extent.

I watch very little TV, I've always preferred to read, and other things. But I'm currently enjoying the small screen more than ever before. I pass on all the 'popular' shows, the news, 'reality', soaps ... And seek out a good drama series on iPlayer, and now Netflix, watch an episode or two at I time that suits me/us.

Ms d00d works two days a week, and I go out with the camera, weather permitting. We do other things, but 3 or 4 afternoons a week we binge (2 episodes) of something gripping.
I wonder where this country would have been without the distraction of TV d00d?
All our opinions are based on what we see and read, but TV is by far the biggest influence. They can deceive, brainwash, and manipulate us, without us feeling a thing, and believing it was our decision to think the way we do, and we didn't even notice the deception.....

And don't think anything that comes out of Hollywood doesn't have a hidden agenda either.....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

20-10-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wonder where this country would have been without the distraction of TV d00d?
All our opinions are based on what we see and read, but TV is by far the biggest influence. They can deceive, brainwash, and manipulate us, without us feeling a thing, and believing it was our decision to think the way we do, and we didn't even notice the deception.....

And don't think anything that comes out of Hollywood doesn't have a hidden agenda either.....

I know. But is it enough to be aware of this happening, or do we need to speak out, spread the word?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top