Join for free
Page 140 of 190 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

We're almost at the end of the kitchen job after the floor was laid yesterday and we were chucked out of our home to let the floor guy get on with his job unhindered.
No hardship though as we visited York and managed to replace all the pans with Induction friendly ones from 'Barnits' what an amazing shop.....

Before Mrs Fox could shower, or I could visit Tesco for supplies, the Granite lads turned up about two hours early. I wasn't going to turn them away, and by two thirty all the worktops and table had been positioned and glued into place. Matt the fitter returns tomorrow to fit the taps and Induction hob, and sort out a very short snagging list......

Just a few small filling, painting and wiring jobs for me to finish and I'm going to get the decorators in to give it the final touches, I've climbed my last ladder for this year...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 09:07 AM

just as good as jogging heh?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:54 AM

Just about finished, normal service is being restored to Foxy's life, as well as cutlery, pans and crockery (Dishes)... The change from a gas hob to an Induction hob is going better than I expected. It's turned out to be very controllable, fast, and clean once you get the hang of it. I always buy 'British' where I can, and the Belling Induction Hob is not disappointing, although it's a good idea to place a square of kitchen towel beneath the pan while cooking. I have read reports of scratching to the surface by sliding pans around.

Exercise is not going so well, although I completed my usual Sunday morning five miles, I had to walk most of it. Very disappointing after I jogged nearly all the way round on Thursday. I felt as much pain on Sunday as the day when it first happened. I will continue to walk the route on Tuesday, and jog if I can, but just being out in the country is a great unwinder.

I intend to break out my bike from retirement and see if cycling might help, I just need to clear some space in the garage for it...

It's Mrs Foxes Birthday on Wednesday, so a day on the North York Moors railway from Pickering to Grosmont and back is my suggestion. Be a nice break for both of us.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Very smart indeed Bob, your new kitchen looks very nice
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Very smart indeed Bob, your new kitchen looks very nice
Thanks Mags, I don't like making a mess in it now, better wait until the 'Newness' wears off....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, I don't like making a mess in it now, better wait until the 'Newness' wears off....
Be careful you don't make the first scratch in it Bob or you never hear the last of it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Be careful you don't make the first scratch in it Bob or you never hear the last of it!
I know Mags.....
And being as I do most of the cooking......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 11:39 AM

Kitchen looks lovely OGF

Glad you love the induction, I adore mine

I often put a tea towel down first when I'm boiling up a gammon, it's always doing to bubble over so it's easy clean up
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Kitchen looks lovely OGF

Glad you love the induction, I adore mine

I often put a tea towel down first when I'm boiling up a gammon, it's always doing to bubble over so it's easy clean up
Thanks Missy, and the advice with the teatowel will come in handy....

Manage to find a magnetic 'Chip Pan' so it's home made chips tonight......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-06-2018, 12:08 PM

I'm happy to say the chips turned out alright, although the fish ended up well done, this oven seems to get hotter than the old one....
Perhaps I'll not leave it in as long next time.....

Page 140 of 190 « First < 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top