Join for free
Page 178 of 190 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I took another tumble this morning.....
I had only been out for ten minutes when running along the side of a field I kicked a stone and the next thing I remember was making love to mother earth and gasping for breath.

Hands, knees, and elbows took the worst, but at least I managed to get my hands down first to avoid any head contact. I seem to be struggling with co-ordination and not lifting my feet high enough to clear the rough terrain. And I call myself a 'fell runner'...Pardon the pun...

Anyway, after a short pause to brush off the mud and foliage, get my breath back, and do a quick damage assessment I continued on to produce a poor time....

In other news.....We had a great Sunday lunch (at one of the places on Swims list as it happens) the beef was lovely and lean with plenty of veg. I decided to have the veg soup for starters instead of a pudding, but once I saw Treacle Sponge and custard on the menu I succumbed...All washed down with a nice glass of Merlot....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Ouch Bob .... I hope you don’t have too many bruises, aches and pains tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed your meal with your friends yesterday, it’s nice to have a bit more normality into life again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ouch Bob .... I hope you don’t have too many bruises, aches and pains tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed your meal with your friends yesterday, it’s nice to have a bit more normality into life again.
Thanks Mags, it was brilliant to go out with them and have a good catch up. We normally go out with them at least once a week in normal circumstances, but have only spoke to them over the garden wall since March, missed them so much....

Fence painting on the cards tomorrow if I can get out of bed, but first I promised a neighbour that I would have a look at his chop saw, it keeps blowing fuses......I sometimes feel like an Electrical problem solving Poirot.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, it was brilliant to go out with them and have a good catch up. We normally go out with them at least once a week in normal circumstances, but have only spoke to them over the garden wall since March, missed them so much....

Fence painting on the cards tomorrow if I can get out of bed, but first I promised a neighbour that I would have a look at his chop saw, it keeps blowing fuses......I sometimes feel like an Electrical problem solving Poirot.....
That's interesting, I'll know who to get in touch with if the need arises!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's interesting, I'll know who to get in touch with if the need arises!
I'm yer man Mags......

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

28-07-2020, 09:41 PM

Very smart too, Sir!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-07-2020, 10:07 PM

Thanks again Mags.....

I'll try to stay on my feet during tomorrows five miler, to be honest though, I'm not really looking forward to it.....

The good news; I managed to fix my neighbours Chop Saw, and fit a new cable, it looked like he had been skipping with it....

The weather looks like it's taking a change for the better, so the Foxy fence mending and painting department will swing into action..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I took another tumble this morning.....
I had only been out for ten minutes when running along the side of a field I kicked a stone and the next thing I remember was making love to mother earth and gasping for breath.

Hands, knees, and elbows took the worst, but at least I managed to get my hands down first to avoid any head contact. I seem to be struggling with co-ordination and not lifting my feet high enough to clear the rough terrain. And I call myself a 'fell runner'...Pardon the pun...

Anyway, after a short pause to brush off the mud and foliage, get my breath back, and do a quick damage assessment I continued on to produce a poor time....

In other news.....We had a great Sunday lunch (at one of the places on Swims list as it happens) the beef was lovely and lean with plenty of veg. I decided to have the veg soup for starters instead of a pudding, but once I saw Treacle Sponge and custard on the menu I succumbed...All washed down with a nice glass of Merlot....
Been there many times Foxy, when doing 30000 paces a day (210000 per week, nearly a million a month) I tripped up on nearly monthly basis. On that many paces the mathematical chances of tripping up against someone who does say 5000 paces is obvious, but the Stats were compounded by a dollop of inherent clumsiness. The worst one was in the bad winter of 2010, on one of those concrete imprinted driveways. one minute everything was good, the next, I was lying on my back looking at the sky, split my elbow quite badly but, did some sort of damage to my hip, which should have been assessed medically, kept me off my feet for about ten days.
On the day of reckoning Foxy, there is nothing more that I would like to see is a video replay of all the trips and falls, go out with a good belly laugh hey.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Been there many times Foxy, when doing 30000 paces a day (210000 per week, nearly a million a month) I tripped up on nearly monthly basis. On that many paces the mathematical chances of tripping up against someone who does say 5000 paces is obvious, but the Stats were compounded by a dollop of inherent clumsiness. The worst one was in the bad winter of 2010, on one of those concrete imprinted driveways. one minute everything was good, the next, I was lying on my back looking at the sky, split my elbow quite badly but, did some sort of damage to my hip, which should have been assessed medically, kept me off my feet for about ten days.
On the day of reckoning Foxy, there is nothing more that I would like to see is a video replay of all the trips and falls, go out with a good belly laugh hey.
That's some impressive stepping Spitty......
Those concrete drives are lethal, I did a similar thing on one of those pebble dash things when I was posting for England (now I only post for Over50's)....And it was around the same time as your fall. My elbow was never the same again, but I never let go of my bundle of letters....

I reckon it was lazy running that done it the other morning, I was taking it slow and my foot lift would have been low. Too low to clear a protruding rock....Momentum and gravity did the rest...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 11:55 AM

After Tuesdays tumble I wasn't looking forward to this mornings five mile run. Confidence takes a battering, and as you age you are always wondering if this is the beginning of the end, and is my coordination suspect. It's not like you have a say in the matter, one minute you're jogging along nicely, and the next thing you remember is chewing the dirt and the heavy collision between your body and the ground.

It would be over the same route as Tuesday, and that same boulder strewn path along the side of a field, so I started off slowly and cautiously until I realised that I was actually running slowly when I fell. I have, over the last few months, lapsed into a lazy style of running, raising my feet the minimum to conserve energy, and that is just the thing that legged me up. Had I adopted a faster pace, my leg lift would have been higher and cleared any object that was raised in the path.

So based on that, I quickened the pace, and not only did I avoid any further obstructions, I managed a decent time as well......And here it is:-

Page 178 of 190 « First < 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top