Join for free
Page 180 of 190 « First < 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 09:43 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

The early days on Win Hill, where it all started.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 09:55 PM

What a handsome lad you were, Bob! (gives a virtual whistle!) You haven't changed much now

I can see why you are hooked on your running now, I image it will be very difficult to give it up when the time comes

Keep going but be careful of your trips and falls.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 10:39 AM

Thanks for your support Mags, you make me feel 20 years younger....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 11:09 AM

Yep, always a good read Foxy, and I think we share a love for the freedom of movement and what a gift it is. Whilst on the Estate, most of the kids were content just playing in the street (which I did frequently) but I soon got bored, got my treasured Bike out and just went exploring, by the age of about 14. I had covered a good 20 mile radius of base, probably because we start a journey with a certain mindset, we are amazed to still have most of the capacity we had back then.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-08-2020, 11:10 AM

This was a view from the top of Win hill and overlooks the Ladybower Reservoir and Ashopton Viaduct. It was taken at the same time as the earlier photo before digital cameras and is not too good. It's given me a taste to return to Win Hill and take a more up-to-date photo......

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-08-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep, always a good read Foxy, and I think we share a love for the freedom of movement and what a gift it is. Whilst on the Estate, most of the kids were content just playing in the street (which I did frequently) but I soon got bored, got my treasured Bike out and just went exploring, by the age of about 14. I had covered a good 20 mile radius of base, probably because we start a journey with a certain mindset, we are amazed to still have most of the capacity we had back then.
We sound like kindred spirits Spitty with a love for the great outdoors. I suppose we were lucky not to have so many distractions available in those days. It makes you wonder if we would have grown up differently in today's world, and will the children of today be denied the freedoms that we enjoyed....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 11:17 AM

For reasons I won't go into, we used to go to North Wales nearly every summer weekend, somewhere I have photos of Horseshoe Pass from its high vantage point, I will se if I can find them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-08-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We sound like kindred spirits Spitty with a love for the great outdoors. I suppose we were lucky not to have so many distractions available in those days. It makes you wonder if we would have grown up differently in today's world, and will the children of today be denied the freedoms that we enjoyed....
Its all about a gut Feeling Foxy, no matter what period of time a child is born into, some kids are just missing the driving force Gene, somtimes being born into a challenging situation can activate this gene, and a negative becomes a positive maybe.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-08-2020, 02:19 PM

Only been over Snake Pass once Foxy, the Son and I, took the Daughter And Missus back up to Sheffield Hallam, so the Wife could help her clean her dogs out at Uni so, the Son and me decided to nip over to Manchester Airport to do a bit of spotting, just made the big descent into Glossop when the phone rang to pick the Wife back up, nice drive none the less.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
This was a view from the top of Win hill and overlooks the Ladybower Reservoir and Ashopton Viaduct. It was taken at the same time as the earlier photo before digital cameras and is not too good. It's given me a taste to return to Win Hill and take a more up-to-date photo......

What an amazing area, so beautiful....

Page 180 of 190 « First < 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top