Join for free
Page 187 of 190 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 11:59 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You would not want to see the Mothers taking the kids to School.

Not unless you had a Cellulite Fetish.

Thin kids, thin parents.

Never a problem, never litter.

Fat kids, fat parents, always a problem.
I've got to agree with you there Swimmy. I run past a primary school and they have just gone back. Fortunately I run by far too early to get caught up in the malay of SUV's parking on the kerbs and throwing their doors wide open without checking their mirrors. On the downside......As the mornings get darker, I have to run later....

Another anomaly I've noticed since the end of lockdown. During lockdown, not a KFC or MacDonalds bag of rubbish anywhere, and now they have returned with a vengeance. Languishing on the verges and in the hedgerows, together with pop and beer cans by the hundreds, miles out in the country, some even just lobbed out onto the road....

With most things having been paid by card these days, there must be a way of tagging the bags with the purchasers details in case of careless disposal. They soon catch people who shoplift with those RFID chips....Chip in Chips.....What a good idea.... remember where you heard it first...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 07:19 PM

An excellent report Bob!

You should write a book as your description of your run, how you feel, the weather, everything around you, is first class ...... I could almost picture myself running (that's a laugh! ) along with you!.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
An excellent report Bob!

You should write a book as your description of your run, how you feel, the weather, everything around you, is first class ...... I could almost picture myself running (that's a laugh! ) along with you!.
Thanks Mags, and very much appreciated....
There's a pace for everybody, and it's not so far fetched as you might think that you could run alongside me Mags....Now wouldn't that be grand!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-09-2020, 11:30 AM

Nice warm weather for this mornings eight mile tour of South Yorkshires country lanes. No serious problems, in fact, no problems at all, as demonstrated by this average time and the app about to be downloaded....

Just a point about the Apple though; It has come all the way from Chile for it to sit on my desk waiting to be eaten...

At a time in the year when British Apple trees are weighed down with excess amounts of fruit, how come Tesco are bringing them in from Chile?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 11:33 AM

Well done Bob!

I hope downloading the the App was successful!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-09-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done Bob!

I hope downloading the the App was successful!
Thanks Mags, the apple might have come all the way from Chile, but it was very juicy and crispy....I'll find out the name because I would recommend them...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 06:55 AM

Thats a good idea about the chip in litter....you should go on Dragons Den with that one..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:05 AM

Foxy, you have inspired me, is 40000 paces a possible?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-09-2020, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thats a good idea about the chip in litter....you should go on Dragons Den with that one..
Thanks Summer, it would certainly make people think twice before they hurled their empty Macdonalds packaging out of the car window..... Do you think I might have a chance on 'Dragon's Den'?....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-09-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, you have inspired me, is 40000 paces a possible?
It comes out at about 20 miles Spitty, when I was a member of a long distance walking club, 26 miles was the average daily walk. Probably just over eight hours of walking. So yes, it's quite possible, but you will need to carry something to eat and drink on the journey. I've suffered the 'Bonk' on occasion through lack of food and drink....

Page 187 of 190 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top