Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 04:37 PM

Re: Car servicing and MoT

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Err..... No!
You sound like my insurance company probably would if asked, are you physic LD?
Perhaps you are a secret insurance broker!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 04:42 PM

Happily both ours were MOT'd last October, so it isn't an issue... yet..!
rcs60h
Bedfordshire, UK
rcs60h is male  rcs60h has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Even so that's a loser nowadays. Compare how much you paid per litre for that fuel still in the tank and see how much it's now gone down. I paid around £1.22 a litre for diesel nearly two months ago, that is now £1.10 a litre. While doing that I also filled my heating oil tank, I needed some anyway and at 41p a litre it was less than last time it was filled. The saving on last time was around £60. Prices continued to go down, had I waited a couple of weeks it was down again and I could have saved another £20. That's life nowadays though I guess!

And we are still being ripped off with the petrol prices, it has been reported that the oil producers are now actually paying the petrol companies to take the oil away ! So with only transport and refining costs to pay and even taking into account the high taxes on fuel the cost on the forecourts really should be down to about 50 or 60p a litre.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by rcs60h ->
And we are still being ripped off with the petrol prices, it has been reported that the oil producers are now actually paying the petrol companies to take the oil away ! So with only transport and refining costs to pay and even taking into account the high taxes on fuel the cost on the forecourts really should be down to about 50 or 60p a litre.
I am even more aware of the tax on fuel as the price I pay per litre for heating oil is almost without taxes. Where I quoted 41p a litre that is what diesel would cost without the rip-off tax on it. That includes 5% VAT so the price per litre without any tax would be around 40p or slightly less (39.36p). Rather different from the £1.22 a litre before fuel prices crashed due to nobody using it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 09:10 PM

You sound like my insurance company probably would if asked, are you physic LD?
I don't think Longdogs has 'Broken' any insurance companies Baz....But he may have broken a few ladies hearts when he was younger.....
Baz46

05-05-2020, 09:55 PM

You sound like my insurance company probably would if asked, are you psychic LD?
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think Longdogs has 'Broken' any insurance companies Baz....But he may have broken a few ladies hearts when he was younger.....
You must know something about Longdogs that I don't then OGF.

I always get the distinct impression that, when you are in your running shorts, the sight of your legs and knees appear to get some of the ladies on Over50sForum going!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 10:02 PM

You must know something about Longdogs that I don't then OGF.

I always get the distinct impression that, when you are in your running shorts, the sight of your legs and knees appear to get some of the ladies on Over50sForum going!
Na, I think they are just being friendly Baz.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by rcs60h ->

Asda today was £1.02, that's the lowest round here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:19 AM

Hi

Well my car passed, but two advisories.

Two tyres and the brake disks.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:52 AM

Last time I filled up my car was February

Glad yours passed it's MOT Swims.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top