Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 10:12 PM

Re: Meteors - tonight

I felt cheated by the Mayans, thought they had done their calculations, maybe it ain't their fault, maybe they were correct, and it was the Clowns who did the decoding that were wrong? Who Knows??.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 12:10 AM

Can we not talk about clowns pleae. It is almost bedtime and I don't want to have nightmares!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Can we not talk about clowns pleae. It is almost bedtime and I don't want to have nightmares!
I don't like them either Tabs!

Seems like every time we get news of meteor storms we get cloudy skies here! Rubbish!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:57 AM

Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The Eclipse 1999 was a letdown, I felt cheated of the only time I would experiance it in my life time. Clouds so thick that morning that is was almost dark anyway, yes, it got darker & cooler, but the actual sight of the sun disappearing was not to be.

As to the comets, those are falling in totally the wrong place for me to see them from my house. My back garden faces South West, we have houses & street lights & a railway line in front of the house, no way could I even get a glimpse.

But I seem to remember some years ago they actually fell over the back garden. Laying on my lounger & watching them light up the sky.
A big let down for me - I had been looking forward to it since the mid 1970's when I first became aware of it. It was an awful day in Truro with lots of heavy dark clouds and rain. The next day was brilliant sunshine.

It did make me more determined to see a total eclipse though. A few years later I travelled to Turkey for a two night stay to see a spectacular eclipse without a cloud in the sky. I can definitely appreciate why some people become obsessed with chasing them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:41 PM

Natural phenomena should be left to natural organisms to appreciate not created complex organic constructions.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh - you wicked man! I'll have to go and ogle Martin Shaw for an hour or so now - just to ward off the nightmares.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
A big let down for me - I had been looking forward to it since the mid 1970's when I first became aware of it. It was an awful day in Truro with lots of heavy dark clouds and rain. The next day was brilliant sunshine.

It did make me more determined to see a total eclipse though. A few years later I travelled to Turkey for a two night stay to see a spectacular eclipse without a cloud in the sky. I can definitely appreciate why some people become obsessed with chasing them.
I am glad you got to see one, Takahashi
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:30 PM

I think this was the last chance to see them tonight, but once again it is too cloudy here. Pity.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top