Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:42 PM

Re: Netflicks - will you unsubscribe?

I had a look at NF at my sons house and was surprised to find TV programmes and old films, I would't waste my money on it.

I thought it had new films, the one film I wanted to watch wasn't on there (Sunset Song – based on the novel by Lewis Grassic Gibbon )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Why change the habit of a lifetime?

Oh pipe down you.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 11:17 PM

No way would I unsubscribe.

It is so cheap, has no ads and produces its own content of both movies and TV serials. Can't complain about it at all. Good value and a good mix of old and new shows.

I aslo have Disney + (which costs me nothing as I am on my daughters account) but I rarely watch it though I am going to watch Hamilton soon.

Netflix is great service at a very affordable price, even better it gave Murdoch's overpriced Foxtel a real kick up the arse.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 12:38 AM

The content on your feed is based on your previous tastes based on whatever algorithm they have. So if you have woke feed you must have expressed woke tastes in the past.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 12:58 AM

I'm not sure how Netflix differs here from in UK but For what it costs us - about $A20 a month - its a case of may as well keep it. Even if there's only a handful of great things to watch, and there is, it's till worth it. We have our own Australia based streaming service here called STAN which is just as good or better, particularly with series' an that is definitely worth it at roughly the same cost. As for Foxtel we've never had it. Everything to do with Murdoch is crap and always has been. And woke?...I still don't really understand what that term means.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm not sure how Netflix differs here from in UK but For what it costs us - about $A20 a month - its a case of may as well keep it. Even if there's only a handful of great things to watch, and there is, it's till worth it. We have our own Australia based streaming service here called STAN which is just as good or better, particularly with series' an that is definitely worth it at roughly the same cost. As for Foxtel we've never had it. Everything to do with Murdoch is crap and always has been. And woke?...I still don't really understand what that term means.
Netflix is $13.99 a month unless you want 4K or $9.99 a month if you are happy with SD.

I took $13.99 (£7) because it allows 2 platforms at the same time.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:22 AM

STAN or Netflix?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:39 AM

I'm too hooked on The Last Kingdom a Netfix original I've watched all four series now. I think they are making a fifth series but if they don't I might consider unsubscribing
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 06:37 AM

I generally allow my subscription to Netflix to lapse after 2 months and I have watched everything that interests me. Then a year later I sign up again to see if there is anything worth watching.

The thing that really bothers me is that Netflix has entirely too many WW2 allied propaganda so-called films. These film shorts are in the public domain and costs nothing for Netflix to show them.

True, Netflix does have a few 1st rate films but the wretched films outweigh them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 08:33 AM

I am now watching the Empress Ki
It’s rubbish but the crown Prince is so handsome .It has lots of Kung fu fighting and all the Chinese need to go to specsavers as the leading female role masquerades as a man.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top