Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 09:23 AM

Re: Netflicks - will you unsubscribe?

I am on my sons Netflix account. But I don’t use it anymore.
I have an Amazon firestick. 👍😀😀😀
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I saw a film the other night it was so woke and ghastly .
Firstly it was all about a rich American family .
Grossly rich and offensive and silly with everyone cooing and screaming and hugging each other .
The daughter was getting married to a man of a lower social standing .
The rich stuck up mother Of the bride looked down on the rough shell suited wearing relatives .The mother of the groom was a tubby outspoken working woman as opposed to the beautiful model like future mother in law.
It was all pretension and falsehood .
Now here’s the twist both families were black except the brides rich black family were as near to white as Meghan Markle .
They all had Caucasian features The father was slightly less dark and every bit as handsome as George Clooney .

The grooms poor family were black black with African features .
The rich white family had a house full of servants ( all white ) that the rich woman bossed around and treated with distain.
It was a parody of the help !

The grooms family were gauche and unpretentious.

It was moreover the most boring thing I ever sa indeed never saw the end of it as it bored me to sleep .

If thats the sort of thing MM and Poor Dozy are going to dish up I most certainly will cancel my subscription.

Youve just bored me to tears Muddy !!
Sorry!

Donkeyman! 😢😢😢
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 02:57 PM

I'm content to select a DVD, listen to Classic FM , pick up a good book and turn on the reading lamp.
Not all at the same time I hasten to add.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
I'm content to select a DVD, listen to Classic FM , pick up a good book and turn on the reading lamp.
Not all at the same time I hasten to add.
Multitasking is for women.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Multitasking is for women.
So I believe... never tried it myself
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 04:52 PM

I am now watching the Empress Ki
It’s rubbish but the crown Prince is so handsome .It has lots of Kung fu fighting and all the Chinese need to go to specsavers as the leading female role masquerades as a man.

Just finished the Empress Ki
50 episodes !
Sadly all the main characters got killed .

I have looked up the Empress Ki and found she was a real historical person. Of course it’s highly fictionalised and full of terrible acting and martial arts but ladies you just have to see Wang Tu and Master Taltal and even the emperor is lovely when he smiles .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 05:21 PM

Just finished the Empress Ki
50 episodes !
Sadly all the main characters got killed .

I have looked up the Empress Ki and found she was a real historical person. Of course it’s highly fictionalised and full of terrible acting and martial arts but ladies you just have to see Wang Tu and Master Taltal and even the emperor is lovely when he smiles .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 10:53 AM

Their membership is tanking after them showing the film "Cuties"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netfl...020650433.html
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never had NetFlix, so haven't a clue how it works.
I have never subscribed either, there's no films made in recent years that interest me and the deal with Mega-me and Harry doesn't look like it will be worth the undoubted rip off subscription fee either.

Like Apple (and many of these mega corporations) the so called 'subscription model' is one which is hugely profitable for them and hugely over priced rubbish for the poor subscriber.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:51 PM

I like Netflix very much, it is dirt cheap and has such a variety of TV series from a wide range of countries. Most of my viewing is of series though I do watch one or two movies a week.

Never heard of Cuties but Netflix provide different content to different countries so it might not have been shown here.

Before Covid I rarely watched TV but since it started I have watched far more than I ever did before.

I pay $14 a month for Netflix and it is worth every cent (three cups of coffee?) and there are no ads unlike pay TV. Whether I will keep it when this pandemic is settled down is another matter. But YouTube and Netflix? I watch something nearly every day now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top