Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:17 PM

Microsoft Money - another Competitor.

I know that many are still using the Sunset edition, Of MS Money, whilst others have moved on to Office 365 and are waiting for Money to be offered from there(It's only on the US Version at the moment.

But, now, there is another competitor in the market.

This new package is called Moneyspire 2020 and it's available on the moneyspire website at www.moneyspire.com.

I'm experimenting with the free version which allows only one account to be opened and managed.

It looks so much like Money Sunset that I'm quite surprised!

Everything seems to be similar to what we had before.

Apparently you but a full licence for, about, £22.

Anyone else trying it?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 06:52 PM

Re: Microsoft Money - another Competitor.

What does it do?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What does it do?
It's a manage your finances program. A quick look at their website tells me that a business-based version is available at a slightly higher cost.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 08:40 PM

Moneyspire features

https://windowsreport.com/software/m...tive%20options.

Once you’re done exploring its interface, here’s what you can do with Moneyspire:

• Keep track of your personal, family, and small business finances in a single application
  • Separate personal from business expenses with categories and tags
  • Manage accounts of various types: bank, credit card, cash, loan, investment, other asset, other liability
  • Set the account number, currency, initial balance, and notes, mark closed accounts
  • Create an online Moneyspire Connect account to sync your data to the cloud
  • Import account data from OFX, QFX, QIF, QMTF, CSV files or Moneyspire Connect
  • Export financial details to spreadsheet, QIF, or PDF format
  • Print checks and other information from any account, including the payee address
  • Set one-time or recurring reminders for transactions, loans and memos, automatically record reminders
  • Prepare your budget by creating multiple categories for income, expenses, and taxes
  • Generate reports for any account, category, payee, and tags
  • Create invoices for payees or customers, write custom messages, and mark paid invoices
  • Forecast future balances by calculating info from future deposits, withdrawals, and uncleared transactions
  • Attach files to transactions, like receipts, warranty info, or product images
  • Add transactions to archives and password-protect the database with 128-bit encryption
  • Back up and restore Moneyspire databases, auto back up data to any location
  • Generate bank reconciliation statements
  • Use extra tools to write notes, create and manage tags, adjust currency values, set up import filters based on existing transactions
  • Search your transactions by various criteria, including date, payee, memo, or category
  • Access your data from any device that supports Moneyspire, including Windows, macOS, and iOS
If I were 10 years younger and starting from scratch then I'd give it a go ..... but I have at least 10 years data on Money with, by now, dozens of accounts, live and archived, so Moneyspire is not for me .....

I have tried integrating old and new accounts systems in the past and found it far too time consuming - reconciliation took hours, if not days, out of my life .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
What does it do?
If it prints out £50 notes - I'm in!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 12:25 AM

There are several free open source alternatives for managing personal finances.

I used GNUCash for a brief period when my original MS Money ceased to work and it was fine.

There is one called Money Manager Ex which I haven't tried but which looks very similar to MS Money.

Have look here (SourceForge is a great place for finding free software)

https://sourceforge.net/directory/bu...ce/os:windows/

With bank apps on your mobile phone giving you real time access to your account these programs are really becoming obselete though personally I still keep MS Money up to date.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 11:36 AM

I just run a tandem account on excel just to make sure that the bank and me are singing from the same song sheet. I just check the balances once or twice a week. I don't see why home accounting should need to be all that complex, and all my accounting is done on a computer unable to be connected to the internet, so there's nobody looking over my shoulder....Except Mrs Fox of course....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I just run a tandem account on excel just to make sure that the bank and me are singing from the same song sheet. I just check the balances once or twice a week. I don't see why home accounting should need to be all that complex, and all my accounting is done on a computer unable to be connected to the internet, so there's nobody looking over my shoulder....Except Mrs Fox of course....
Same with me. I used to use Quickbooks for my business but since I retired (ha!), I use Excel using separate sheets for business income and my bank account. I use my personal bank account for the business as well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2020, 04:32 PM

I have an App that is absolutely brilliant. It controls my banking, pays all household bills, calculates gas/electricity/water usage to the last penny, balances the food budget, does cash flow projections, input/output comparisons, is secure from hackers - even enables me to make a decent cup of tea!

It's called - The Brain!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have an App that is absolutely brilliant. It controls my banking, pays all household bills, calculates gas/electricity/water usage to the last penny, balances the food budget, does cash flow projections, input/output comparisons, is secure from hackers - even enables me to make a decent cup of tea!

It's called - The Brain!
Nice one Tabby, use it or lose it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top