Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 10:54 AM

Re: Microsoft Money - another Competitor.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have an App that is absolutely brilliant. It controls my banking, pays all household bills, calculates gas/electricity/water usage to the last penny, balances the food budget, does cash flow projections, input/output comparisons, is secure from hackers - even enables me to make a decent cup of tea!

It's called - The Brain!
And never a headache?

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same with me. I used to use Quickbooks for my business but since I retired (ha!), I use Excel using separate sheets for business income and my bank account. I use my personal bank account for the business as well.
Retirement....The best thing I ever did Judd....
As a self employed courier back in the day there were very few decent accounting apps so I just made up lots of excel sheets for this and that. I did my own accounting and VAT, produced invoices and sent in my tax returns every April.

I got very good at cobbling together spreadsheets and databases, all self taught by the way, and even made one that calculated how much diesel I used and how much to charge the customer just by entering the distance.

Now I just make them up for fun, and produce graphs with the stats.
I got my old computer working the other day, it still has Vista as the O/S and it's still got microsoft works, although all my business stuff was in word or excel, there are some good features on works that I haven't found on excel though, and I might have a poke around on it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

I got very good at cobbling together spreadsheets and databases, all self taught by the way, and even made one that calculated how much diesel I used and how much to charge the customer just by entering the distance.t.
I wrote one too, you can get it from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1keG...ew?usp=sharing

It has macros to make it work properly using forms so you might have to tell your copy of Excel to allow them to run but they are quite harmless. Definitely no malware in there

I wrote it so long ago I have forgotten how it works exactly despite using it every time I fill up with fuel. I might up date it one of these days.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wrote one too, you can get it from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1keG...ew?usp=sharing

It has macros to make it work properly using forms so you might have to tell your copy of Excel to allow them to run but they are quite harmless. Definitely no malware in there

I wrote it so long ago I have forgotten how it works exactly despite using it every time I fill up with fuel. I might up date it one of these days.
That's awesome Bruce and far more functional as the one I made. Could have done with that when I was couriering....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top