Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 02:51 PM

Re: Conversation

I've had four long ones s'mornin!

One elderly chap stopped to talk to my dog, told me his life story and medical history, bless him.

Then my brother-in-law phoned to say he'd be calling in tomorrow, haven't heard from him in ages so caught up with his news.

Then my neighbour (another old geezer) from where I used to live, phoned and told me all the gossip and who's died.

Then my dentist phoned as I'd emailed about a crowned tooth that's been playing up. He said he'd looked at last x-ray and there's no point in trying to save it. Got an appointment on Wednesday first thing.

Phew!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Then my dentist phoned as I'd emailed about a crowned tooth that's been playing up. He said he'd looked at last x-ray and there's no point in trying to save it. Got an appointment on Wednesday first thing.
Interesting.

Does that mean that you are lucky enough to have a dentist who is willing to see you regarding a problem with your tooth?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 04:55 PM

I’ve had two conversations today, one with my daughter when we took her to the Garden Centre and the other with a neighbour who was passing while I was planting some pansies.

The neighbour has just become a grandmother for the first time. Unfortunately she isn’t allowed in the hospital to see her baby granddaughter due to the virus.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Interesting.

Does that mean that you are lucky enough to have a dentist who is willing to see you regarding a problem with your tooth?
Yes! It was quite a surprise! I e-mailed as instructed on the answer machine thingy, through desperation, expecting to battle or plead. I could've had an appointment tomorrow if BIL wasn't coming.

Things are improving it seems!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes! It was quite a surprise! I e-mailed as instructed on the answer machine thingy, through desperation, expecting to battle or plead. I could've had an appointment tomorrow if BIL wasn't coming.

Things are imroving it seems!
Good for you, Tess.

I hope one day to be able to have a crown on my tooth, so I won't need to keep replacing temporary fillings every couple of weeks!

It could be worse, of course. Much worse. Some, I believe, have had to resort to pulling out their own teeth with pliers!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

21-09-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good for you, Tess.

I hope one day to be able to have a crown on my tooth, so I won't need to keep replacing temporary fillings every couple of weeks!

It could be worse, of course. Much worse. Some, I believe, have had to resort to pulling out their own teeth with pliers!
Keep ringing JBR. Persist man!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 06:59 PM

I talk to myself often, usually meant for hubby...but very seldom listens
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 07:03 PM

You can converse any time you like with your mobile phone, and generally calls are free anyway depending on your tariff. With a video-chat program such as Skype or Zoom you can even see each other face to face as you chat. There's no need to sit and talk to nobody at all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2020, 10:48 PM

There has always been talk, this thread is about conversation not talk, talk is cheap, well it was before folks got charged for it.
anyone on Talk Talk..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-09-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I talk to myself often, usually meant for hubby...but very seldom listens
I find that talking to myself is the only way I can engage in a sensible conversation.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top