Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Re: Compass

Once I get started on an image, the constructing keeps me absorbed for hours Mags.

I was pleased at figuring out how to do a see-through grille. To get the number of holes, it was a case of drawing one circle to start with and then placing other circles around it.

Then duplicate the pattern. The duplicate fits into the first one done. Join those together and make another duplicate. It ends up with a good number of holes that all fit together with its partners no matter how many are in the pattern. Finally, the whole lot are shrunk down to make a grille with tiny holes. Painstaking but interesting to watch it build..

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I digitally drew this compass..

These are the 290 individually drawn bits (some can be made by duplication) that have to be put into position to make the finished picture..

Stunning ,mart

Such concentration.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:45 PM

Brilliant. Very impressive
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:23 PM

Thanks Azure and everyone - This is a photo of the copied compass. It's inside a paperweight and has been aged by design. I thought I wouldn't age the drawing quite as much as the original.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:45 PM

'Tis Xara Photo & Graphics Designer. Not the Pro version but the less expensive one at £49.99
I can vouch for the fact its a great programme, I'm addicted thanks to you Mart, loving every minute of it, I bought the full programme too but not figured out yet what the difference is.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-09-2020, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can vouch for the fact its a great programme, I'm addicted thanks to you Mart, loving every minute of it, I bought the full programme too but not figured out yet what the difference is.
I think the main difference in the ProX version is that it has functions for making websites.

I had an older version of ProX and found it could be quite slow in starting up. I never used the web capabilities and didn't want to upgrade to the latest version because of the expense.

I uninstalled the ProX and got the latest version of the more affordable 'Photo & Graphics Designer'. It has all the functions I need and opens up quickly.

A sort of upgrade and downgrade at the same time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 11:30 AM

Very clever Mart!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2020, 01:51 PM

This is so clever .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-10-2020, 03:15 PM

Thanks - Just trying to think of the next item to have a go at.

I've only done two more pictures recently. I know they often they aren't that interesting but it's just the challenge of the thing that makes me do them...

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 08:09 AM

'Tis Xara Photo & Graphics Designer. Not the Pro version but the less expensive one at £49.99
Thank you, Mart, will have a look at that!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top