Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 04:18 PM

Thank goodness for having a dashcam

Sue on the way home when this guy never looked and hit our car just now
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 04:19 PM

Re: Thank goodness for having a dashcam

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Sue on the way home when this guy never looked and hit our car just now
Can't watch Realspeed. It says the video is private.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 04:27 PM

how is that now?
How on earth did he not see a damn great 4x4 in front of him

A copy of this video has gone to our insurance company
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 04:36 PM

Certainly clear cut blame there RS and yes, dashcams can be invaluable evidence in a shunt, a picture's worth a thousand words eh...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-10-2020, 04:44 PM

Barry

Sue was dead against having a dashcam in either car but I insisted. She is now pleased I fitted one in each car.
There can't be any dispute as to who was to blame
Personally i think it should be made law that every car had one,
None of this it was the other drivers fault crap
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-10-2020, 05:12 PM

Same with the Honda Civic estate i bought Sue. It came with one of those sqwerty emergency things. Now way was I rfelying on that and thank goodness I didn't. Got hold of a "get you home" wheels/tyres of the internet.

Not long afterwards the car went into a water filled hole in the road and ripped to tyre side wall. The AA guy said to her back then thank goodness your husband insisted on a proper spare. It would have meant towing to a tyre repair place or home from Brighton to Bexhill
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 05:14 PM

Did the other driver fall asleep or something? He/she seems to have a problem getting out of the car. Unbelievable! Particularly as your wife managed to stop in time and they still drove into her. That driver should be taken off the road as they are no longer capable of controlling a car.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

06-10-2020, 05:27 PM

LD
I can't stress enough about getting a dashcam. A well known motoring shop will even fit it for you. Had mine for a few years and saves a load of arguements as to whose fault etc
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
LD
I can't stress enough about getting a dashcam. A well known motoring shop will even fit it for you. Had mine for a few years and saves a load of arguements as to whose fault etc
It is something I have been thinking about for some time so will look into it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 05:31 PM

I think it looks like the chap was looking to his left, saw nothing was coming and pulled out. He forgot to look to his right as well. I have seen this often.

Same as people crossing the road that only look one way instead of both.
If he'd have pulled across the road to the other side even it might have been avoided - just - but he not only pulled out without looking, he cut the corner too, so was on Sue's side of the road as he drove forward.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top