Join for free
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 04:46 PM

Animation

Something new to try. An animation. The trouble is that animations have quite a large file size and that can make them slow to load. It can only run slower and more smoothly if it has more frames and that would put the file size up even higher. Maybe not too bad for a first attempt in Xara Photo & Graphics Designer.

Edit: I changed the image so it only spins 10 times or it might drive everyone mad. . To get it to spin again, press CTRL + F5
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 05:28 PM

Re: Animation

Excellent Mart.

I once had a go at animation, frame by frame. Set my camera up on a tripod and took pics of toys in different positions, then loaded them all onto the old style windows Moviemaker. It took forever but the result was quite good, added music too but sadly lost the file in the transfer over to Win 10 (no surprises there).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 09:25 PM

Love it Mart....

I used to have an animation programme on my old Amiga computer. Very easy to use and set up. It might have been part of the De-Lux Paint package which did quite a few things that I haven't seen on machines since. I wish I had taken better care of my old Amiga. It seemed to fail after the 2000 millenium bug.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 08:51 AM

The animation was quite an interesting exercise. Another on the 'something to do' list as the winter approaches (and maybe another lockdown). It consists of 18 frames. There would need to be double that number in order for the square to move more smoothly.

The smoother running animations are most often videos or HTML5. They used to be 'Flash' animations but that format has fallen out of favour now and browsers often don't support it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top