Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 07:27 AM

Re: Portrait of a young girl

Fab portrait, love the detail in the hair.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by toners ->
What are all these gender comments for ?? What difference does it make -- it is art.
A work in progress. I think you have the shading under the chin just right.
Do you work from right to left Muddy?

Looking forward to seeing it in progression. It is a really good painting- if you want to touch it up --go for it- it is your piece.

My respects to you for putting your paintings out. I hope that you reconsider and play around with it- I guess that you want to really!
Hi Toners
I am trying to crack portrait paintings I don’t work from right to left i work from dark to light .
I start off with an underpainting .
In this one I decided to try the underpainting done by some of the old masters . It’s called veraccio and entails a white and green underpainting . ( I have enclosed it I take pictures as I go along in case I go wrong and need to refer back ) Unfortunately it didn’t really work for me making the subject seem faintly unhealthy and enaemic ( this may well have been the case in past times) .

This was from my own photo reference and it was a poor photo ( I am not a good photographer) and It was just a quick snap of the young girl who was as children often are at that age ( nearly 12 ) very self conscious .
I may do a little more as I smudged it a bit but will probaby leave it . Too much is too much !

The underpainting

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EBD88AC5-10B1-4EF2-8A1F-75CFE54E77B2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	13894  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I love the feeling of her hair and if I was to touch her jumper it would feel of cashmere . Shes very pretty muddy . Her skin tone beautiful .

Very clever
Thank you Susan
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-10-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Fab portrait, love the detail in the hair.
Thank you D00D

I was pleased with the hair i must say

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top