Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:43 AM

Remainers will be proud

Patrick O'Flynn

@oflynnmep

Well-connected people in Brussels telling me that a "purgatory transition" for the UK with a customs backstop we are not allowed out of is going to be used to try and manoeuvre us into a position where we apply to rejoin the EU before the end of the 2019-2024 Europarl term.
4:29 PM · Nov 7, 2018 · Twitter Web Client

I really messed up believing Teresa May was the one to negotiate us out. Should have been leavers negotiating leaving, can't imagine Nigel, Jacob or Boris agreeing to this.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:51 AM

Re: Remainers will be proud

Julie, she has to get it through Parliament first. I could be wrong but I cannot ever see it being accepted.
Like many, I gave up on that woman over 12 months ago.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Julie, she has to get it through Parliament first. I could be wrong but I cannot ever see it being accepted.
Like many, I gave up on that woman over 12 months ago.
Indeed but if she was as determined that brexit meant brexit from word go I think she could have taken parliament with her. It's her dithery not wanting to really leave gave them a chance to oppose it so vociferously.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:12 PM

Labour Just Decide How They’ll Vote On The Brexit Deal

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2018/11/br...KFRMxmALzkFzw4

Starmer said: “Months of deadlock in Theresa May’s government mean we’re facing continued uncertainty and the prospect of years of further negotiations over our future relationship with the EU.

“A blind Brexit could prolong business uncertainty and provide insufficient guarantees to protect jobs, the economy and rights.

“Whether you voted Leave or Remain, nobody voted for the purgatory of permanent negotiations.

“Theresa May and Dominic Raab promised that the Brexit deal put before Parliament will be ‘detailed, precise and substantive’.

“That is exactly what Labour expects and what I will be discussing in Brussels.

“If the final deal it is anything less than the government has promised, Labour will not support it.”
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:25 PM

If I remember correctly, on the initial referendum and vote, in 2016... was it not Mr Junker who told us the 'leave means leave' and never to be revisited. Once out we can't go back.. so funny how things can be changed accordingly and obviously they(EU) DO need us more than we need them !
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

08-11-2018, 12:34 PM

Just for information on how the country feels.. and different areas.

This is a petition against another referendum. It reached the 100,000 to allow it to be raised in Parliament .

This is the map that showed the majority of votes against a second ref.

https://petitionmap.unboxedconsultin...etition=226071
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
If I remember correctly, on the initial referendum and vote, in 2016... was it not Mr Junker who told us the 'leave means leave' and never to be revisited. Once out we can't go back.. so funny how things can be changed accordingly and obviously they(EU) DO need us more than we need them !

Article 50:
5.***If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.

On Wednesday*European Commission*president Jean-Claude Juncker told the European Parliament that if Britain leaves the*EU, it would still be welcome to re-join under Article 49 of the Treaty of the European Union.

This comes a day after Mr Juncker and Donald Tusk, the European Council president, said that Britain would still be welcome to reverse*Brexit*now if it chose to do so.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Just for information on how the country feels.. and different areas.

This is a petition against another referendum. It reached the 100,000 to allow it to be raised in Parliament .

This is the map that showed the majority of votes against a second ref.

https://petitionmap.unboxedconsultin...etition=226071
Wow! 17,4 milion has dwindeled to a mere 115.000.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-11-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wow! 17,4 milion has dwindeled to a mere 115.000.
Well as someone who hadn't seen the petition before I'd suggest the actual number is rather greater than you think, it's quite sweet you believe that number though
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed but if she was as determined that brexit meant brexit from word go I think she could have taken parliament with her. It's her dithery not wanting to really leave gave them a chance to oppose it so vociferously.
I think its called reality. Something that seems in short supply in certain quarters of the population.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top