Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:06 AM

Re: Professional photos of Holly

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mups
I never said I didn't like them

Yvonne Lorraine has her own distinctive style which every photographer strives to attain
it is individuality that stands one out from another

No Bazza, I know you didn't in so many words, but it sure came over in strong 'hints' that they weren't to your taste, which of course is your prerogative, but I still think it's best to say nowt if you feel like that.

Saying " As long as the person paying is happy . . " and
suggesting Jazzi should "look at someone's portfolio first" and then the last cryptic line of . . "I will say no more" was a bit of a giveaway really, be honest.

Still, not my dog, my photo's or my problem, so - "I will say no more" either.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:20 AM

As long as the person paying for the pictures are happy with them, that is all that matters.

Every photographer has their own ideas and rightly so., What I would say is have a look at what is in their portfolio first as see if it is the type of photo expected from a shoot first.

I will say no more
Originally Posted by Mups ->
No Bazza, I know you didn't in so many words, but it sure came over in strong 'hints' that they weren't to your taste, which of course is your prerogative, but I still think it's best to say nowt if you feel like that.

Saying " As long as the person paying is happy . . " and
suggesting Jazzi should "look at someone's portfolio first" and then the last cryptic line of . . "I will say no more" was a bit of a giveaway really, be honest.

Still, not my dog, my photo's or my problem, so - "I will say no more" either.
That was my perspective also Realspeed. Now you are backtracking.

You didn’t come right out and say you didn’t like the pictures but your comments danced around the topic enough for the reader to get a really good idea that it was a backhanded jab.
Then for you to add that you are a professional photographer spoke volumes. Instead of trying to make Jazzi feel good about being so pleased with his photos, you turned it into a competition. Either way, your words weren’t words of encouragement and comfort. They were harsh and critical.

Note: please feel free to remove my post
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:23 AM

Bratti
Another person who doesn't read posts properly

"

Oh for you information by the way I have won international photographic competitions over the years but tend to keep the pleasure of winning to myself and choose not to reveal which and when, and I am not a professional photographer it is just a hobby

I do wish people would read posts properly, it really annoys me.
What about an apology
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:34 AM

Bratti
Another person who doesn't read posts properly

"

Oh for you information by the way I have won international photographic competitions over the years but tend to keep the pleasure of winning to myself and choose not to reveal which and when, and I am not a professional photographer it is just a hobby

I do wish people would read posts properly, it really annoys me.
What about an apology
An apology WOULD be very appropriate. I agree.
And there is NOTHING wrong with my reading skills OR my ability to comprehend what I’m reading.

Newsflash Realspeed. The thread ISN’T about YOU & YOUR photographic skills nor do you keep these skills to yourself.

Please re-read this thread about Jazzi and HIS dog photos and observe just how modest you are about your skills. There’s ZERO modesty.

THAT ^^^^^ is EXACTLY what we are getting at.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:35 AM

Who is this HE to whom some of you refer??? I am a SHE, my dog is a SHE, my niece is a SHE!!

C'mon RS...I used my niece to take Holly's photos because I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather employ. I wanted to give her my custom. I enjoyed her company, her house, her own dog, her family. Why would I go elsewhere??

I am beyond happy with the results, so I don't know why you are keeping on about them. In actual fact, you have soured this thread so much, I would appreciate if you or admin could delete your posts! And if an apology is forthcoming, it should come from your direction, no-one else's!

We all know you dabble in photography, but why you feel the need to say what you have is beyond my comprehension. If a few others have picked up on your insinuations then I'm not reading your words wrong, am I?

I am extremely proud of my dog and what she has grown up into and I wanted to celebrate her reaching one year old, with both hers and my birthdays in the same month. She has been through such a lot in her short life. I wanted a set of professional photos, and I got them. Did you HAVE to spoilt it all for me??

Rant over.

(Thank you to those members who have supported me and for your kind comments.)
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

08-11-2018, 02:33 PM

I apologize for calling you him Jazzi. I know your name is Janet.
I just forgot.

I’m sorry
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I apologize for calling you him Jazzi. I know your name is Janet.
I just forgot.

I’m sorry
No worries. Just didn't want anyone else saying he!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

08-11-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No worries. Just didn't want anyone else saying he!
And I don’t blame you one bit. I wouldn’t like that either
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Most people in the street call her he, and it drives me mad. I’m always correcting them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Most people in the street call her he, and it drives me mad. I’m always correcting them.

You'll have to get her a pretty pink collar, Jazzi.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top