Join for free
Page 282 of 370 « First < 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

With thunderstorms forecast I was lucky to get round my five miler without getting a good soaking....
The sky was so dark when I left the house it looked like one of those biblical epics, I could just imagine the Red Sea parting, or getting bogged down on the lane by a plague of locusts....Fortunately neither of those things occurred and I managed to get round without incident, apart from a slow time and the incessant feeling of lethargy.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Good morning from sunny, I mean.....cloudy, Florida!

No complaints, however. The storm clouds gathering on the horizon promise several inches of rain later in the day, so it's out and about I go.

Yesterday was a bit warmer but my heart was full of pure contentment and pride as my daughter joined with me for a 5.5. Barely able to communicate or walk just a few months ago, she is back to her smiling, effervescent self destroying my pace with conversations about her speed, the egrets along the canal and plans for surfing. I have never been so pleased about finishing a run with such poor time!

After a morning of phone calls to (stalling) insurance companies, banks, and my real estate agent, we are off to continue perfecting the beach place for showing next week and then a long and hopefully lightning-free beach run. I am such a stuck needle on a record, but I feel like I have died and gone to heaven just simply being - outdoors, and most especially - home.

I hope everyone is feeling pain-free and energetic today!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Bob - You must have just made it before it poured down mate. It came down here at around 11am. Well done on braving the potentially moist elements for another good run today

Suzie - I'm so pleased about your daughter and how well she is now doing. It must make you very contented top have her looking so good once again throughout the upheaval of dealing with properties and expenses. Even having time for a run out must be a great feeling too

Thursday 25 April 2019: Upper body 1hr. 15mins.

Catching up with a second consecutive upper body workout in as many days to catch-up with mainly pull exercises covering areas such as the back, lats and biceps, plus some shoulder work which I couldn’t do yesterday through machines being in use. There are still a couple of exercises which I intend to complete which will be done tomorrow before my cardio session.
Same as I’ve been doing recently – up the weight until a maximum is reached then back down again. Two regular sets with fixed weights then a further two with several added ‘tension pause’ reps to seal in the power!

(All weights in kgs)

Arm curl, both arms:
10x25, 6x35
5x45 +3
10x35 +3
14x20 +4

Shoulder press:
10x60, 6x70
5x80 +2
6x70 +2
10x40 +2, +2

Lat pulldown, underarm grip:
10x35, 6x45
6x60 +3
10x50 +3
12x35 +5, +3

DB Concentration curl, alt.:
10x12.5
6x15
5x18 +3
5x15 +5
8x10 +2, +2, +2, +2

Fly delt dec, inward pull:
10x80, 6x95
10x110 +2
12x95 +3
12x65 +3, +3, +3

Low row, alt.:
10x70, 6x90
4x100 +2
6x80 +2
10x50 +3, +2

High-pull biceps cable curl:
10x20, 6x25
8x30 +4
8x25 +3
10x20 +2, +2

Triceps extensions extra:
10x40
6x60
6x80 +4
10x50 +5
10x30 +3, +3, +3

Well I certainly haven’t lost any of my pulling power from being absent from bicep work for three weeks. On the contrary, I was especially pleased with the low row pulling 100kgs with each arm for a set, which is a stupidly silly weight. Tomorrow I must do the E-Z curl work as I’m sure I can curl the bar to a personal best. We shall wait and see.

Thanks for reading
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Two personal bests this afternoon, which surprised me as well as pleased me. I did 1590 "moves" in total, across all the machines (I've asked them to clarify what "moves" are, because my actual rep total is 1186 in total) and burnt 667 Calories in the process. I scored 85 out of 100 for the workout itself.

I'll have to leave it there tonight, because I have migraine aura in my left eye which is making it difficult to type. I'm off to have a lie down to see if I can get rid of it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:56 PM

Good work Tachyon, go and get some rest now, I'm not going to be far behind you......There seems to be more hours in a day than there used to be.......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Extraordinary workout, Tachyon. You must really be feeling good about you fitness to have bounced back from your setback so rapidly. Migraines are nasty, and you are a tough one to be even thinking about typing. Do you take medications to keep them at bay?

Super workout, Floydy. I am sure you triceps were happy that you stayed around long enough to include them in your workout For the life of me, I cannot figure out why, after a long hiatus, we seem to be able to do so well. It seems to me that it should feel like starting over, but instead our bodies seem to give us a little encouragement. It's a mystery - but one I will take!

OGF, I am shoe shopping again as my latest model has already been made obsolete. Admittedly, finding the right shoes is one of the very few things in life that I fret about. You would agree that aside from a helmet in some sports, shoes are probably the most important equipment out there. I just wish they weren't forever tinkering with them....
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Extraordinary workout, Tachyon. You must really be feeling good about you fitness to have bounced back from your setback so rapidly. Migraines are nasty, and you are a tough one to be even thinking about typing. Do you take medications to keep them at bay?
The odd thing with my migraines is that I am only getting the aura in one eye and it causes a floating blind spot which means I can't see what I am doing properly. Sometimes I get the strange effect where words get jumbled when I speak and/or make no sense when I try and read or write. That's very rare though. No meds, as this has only started in the last 3 months or so.

Never mind, gym this afternoon, which is always very relaxing. I hope you get some good shoes for your training! Always important to look after yourself.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 10:41 AM

Tachyon - You're the Rep King of the forum mate! I have done high rep work all my exercising life but I haven't hammered them like you do. Fantastic work bud

Suzie - Running shoes or casual/smart? My wife just came in with three pairs of Skechers, a brand which I also find very comfortable.

Just off out to the gym now myself. I didn't get around to the planned cardio session yesterday as we had my granddaughter with us from school, plus I'd had a very large portion of fish and chips for lunch, so it all went awry!

I now need to catch up with a legs workout, so if my energy levels are still intact I will finish with a burst on the treadmill and bike. Catch you all later, have a good day
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Unfortunately I didn't get to carry out my planned routine today as the key piece of equipment I wanted to use - the leg press - was in pieces! That scuppered my motivation and after a quick few minutes on the E-Z curl preacher bench (which I had planned) I left. Dunno why, but I couldn't be bothered
Tachyon

27-04-2019, 06:09 PM

Thanks, Floydy, very kind of you to say so. You do a lot heavier weights though! I'm still building up, really, and it will be a long while yet before I can improve on the weights I am currently doing.

I discovered today that the "moves" the system records is more like an Intensity Level of the training session, but without a reference scale it doesn't mean much in it's own right if you get my meaning! Still, not a bad session this afternoon, although cut short because my mother was quite depressed and I thought I would visit her for tea and a natter. I still managed 83 out of 100 for the session, the Moves score is 1, 266 (pointless figure with no reference point to go by, so I won't bother with that any more) and 532 calories burnt. Total reps is 915 in 65 minutes and "trained like an athlete".

Leg Curl: 20 x 30kg, 40 x 25kg
Tricep Extension: 120 x 30kg
Shoulder Press: 50 x 15kg
Leg Extension: 20 x 25kg, 40 x 20kg
Hip Abduction: 150 x 30kg
Chest Pull: 80 x 40kg
Stomach Crunch: 60 x 50kg, 30 x 45kg
Back Extension: 60 x 50kg
Pec Deck: 80 x 40kg
Chest Press: 25 x 40kg, 35 x 35kg
Pull Down: 75 x 50kg

I also tried a new machine for the legs, which is a torture for me with my short legs, lol. I forget the name of it but you sit in it with legs spread and have to push the knees inward and then out again, and boy did I feel that one! For some reason the machine didn't record anything. I only managed about 30 reps x 30kg on that in total but I'll be feeling that in the morning. I'll have to persevere with that one, I can tell. Good news is that the stamina and breathing is excellent at the moment, and as soon as I finish on one machine I get straight onto the next one with no shortness of breath. A mini-victory!

Page 282 of 370 « First < 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top