Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:42 PM

Re: Where should we go for christmas?

Thanks for those, Orang...

Beirut? Afghanistan? Syria?

Are you trying to tell me something?

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Thanks for those, Orang...

Beirut? Afghanistan? Syria?

Are you trying to tell me something?

Actually both Jordan and Oman are very safe and beautiful countries blessed with lots of winter sunshine.

Of course, you might get more 'heat' in the countries you mention…
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Hokey dokey. Thank you one and all for your suggestions.
'She who must be obeyed' and have I have explored the places you have come up with - and the winner is ...........

Tenerife south, Costa Adeje area.

Well, we think so...

The hotel that was mentioned, the Princess something-or-other, is a wee bit above our price range.
The airfares are extortionate. I thought Fred Airlines would charge me a tenner each way, but it's not quite as cheap as I thought.

So... On Thursday, we shall be popping into a Travel Agent and booking something up in Tenerife. Never been there before. Didn't even realise just how close it is to Africa.

Must go now - my ballet lessons start in an hour.
We're doing Duck Lake this year.

JonV6
New Member!
Devon
JonV6 is male 

21-10-2015, 05:07 PM

Have you thought about a luxury train journey? There are some great offers out there, it's a relaxed pace with lovely sight seeing on route, you can do it on any continent you like.
Hanfonius
North Wales

21-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Hi, Jon;
I have taken many train journeys over the years and enjoyed most of them. The ones that are on my bucket list are the 2 long trips in Australia.

I do fancy the trans-Siberian line, but I could never persuade my Missus to go with me!

Incidentally, I am really enjoying the Chris Tarrent Train Journeys, and also the Joanna Lumley trip from Hong Kong to Moscow.

Update: We have booked a couple of weeks in Lanzarote from the 24th December to 4th January. Initially, we said we would have just half board, but they offered us full board for just £65 extra. This includes as much drink as you wish providing it is a local brew.

So.... this Christmas, I wont need to wear my thermals. What a lovely thought...

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->

Update: We have booked a couple of weeks in Lanzarote from the 24th December to 4th January. Initially, we said we would have just half board, but they offered us full board for just £65 extra. This includes as much drink as you wish providing it is a local brew.

So.... this Christmas, I wont need to wear my thermals. What a lovely thought...
Well done Han think of us freezing here while you are in the sun. I am sure you will have a lovely time away from all the Christmas hype.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top