Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 12:23 PM

Battersea Power Station Hotel

Set in the Battersea Roof Gardens building designed by Norman Foster, the architect behind The Gherkin, the new art’otel London Battersea Power Station hotel will feature an open-air rooftop pool and garden running the length of the building, created by the designers of New York’s High Line, a disused railway station turned elevated garden and of course an Infinity pool

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...announced.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 12:50 PM

Re: Battersea Power Station Hotel

Gosh I won't be staying there that's for sure

I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to set foot in London, give me a cow shed in the countryside any day
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Gosh I won't be staying there that's for sure

I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to set foot in London, give me a cow shed in the countryside any day

I doubt if it will be the locals who will be using that area Meg. It's going to be for those who would never dream of asking "how much does it cost to stay there"
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 01:40 PM

Some years ago when I worked in Turin, I stayed in a hotel that was part of the original FIAT factory. It still had the banked test track on the roof. Glad they didn't still test cars on it !!

Meg, I'm not a fan of London either, but the idea sounds fine to me. Best use existing architecturally interesting buildings than build new ones.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Meg, I'm not a fan of London either, but the idea sounds fine to me. Best use existing architecturally interesting buildings than build new ones.
The idea is ok George if you have a head for hight and a full wallet and I am not averse to a little luxury in my country cowshed. I just wouldn't want to stay in London or the hotel if you paid me ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top