Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 02:53 PM

search for second earth

oozie production - catch it if you can - every star in the sky [another sun] has at least one planet circling it! - all we need to do is to find one with life!
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Re: search for second earth

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oozie production - catch it if you can - every star in the sky [another sun] has at least one planet circling it! - all we need to do is to find one with life!

We?
Ah the mighty Australian Space Agency
Almost two months old now
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
The closest star, not including our sun is aprox 4 light years away. Traveling at out current top speed, about 20,000 miles /hour, it would take 137,000 years to go there (on a one way trip).

Nice science fiction to go to another planet outside our solar system, but that is all it is ---- science fiction.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
The closest star, not including our sun is aprox 4 light years away. Traveling at out current top speed, about 20,000 miles /hour, it would take 137,000 years to go there (on a one way trip).

Nice science fiction to go to another planet outside our solar system, but that is all it is ---- science fiction.
If we can figure out how to travel at the speed of light in space we've cracked it Bakerman.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If we can figure out how to travel at the speed of light in space we've cracked it Bakerman.....
No problem. All we need to do is find a convenient wormhole.

Of course, this is perfectly achievable. I've seen it on Star Trek.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
We?
Ah the mighty Australian Space Agency
Almost two months old now
Oh it is much older than that, Tregonsee, did you never listen to this:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_into_Space

Their main base was in Oz!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:15 PM

If my calculations are correct, Warp Factor 9 would get you to Alpha Centauri in a day .....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
If my calculations are correct, Warp Factor 9 would get you to Alpha Centauri in a day .....
Just get me to work tomorrow it's pay day on Friday
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:31 PM

If we went to another planet, we'd pollute, contaminate and over populate it too. So I don't think we should go, even if it were possible.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
If we went to another planet, we'd pollute, contaminate and over populate it too. So I don't think we should go, even if it were possible.
well surely we've learned something here and have a chance NOT to? watched the last episode the other day. although of course right now it IS impossible and clearly enunciated on the script it was suggested that given progress and time the possibilities were highly probably and achievable in the future - we just had to keep trying. I guess you watched the program from a "the glass is half full or empty" mentality

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top