Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 07:51 AM

Labour and Brexit.

Just watched Keir Starmer, Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, being interviewed on Good Morning Britain give a masterclass on how to avoid answering difficult questions.

God knows the Tories are in a mess but when Starmer's excuse for him having different views than Jerermy Corbyn by saying that everyone explains things differently when interviewed was an absolute joke. He also could not give the an answer to what Labour would have done had they had to negotiate.

The whole thing is a mess and it should have been handles cross party with a leader who actually believed in Brexit, May does not.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Re: Labour and Brexit.

But when the vast majority of prominent brexiteers are from the more objectionable Right, cross-party discourse becomes difficult. Better to ask why the objectionable Right are so anxious for a no-deal brexit.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:26 AM

I keep saying this but I'll try again, brexit isn't wasn't never will be a party political ideal, there are people in labour pro and anti brexit just as there are in Tory party. The only parties truly one way or another is Lib dems and green and UKIP.

That's why brexit has gone so wrong, they should have selected leavers from all parties. the people best for the job to do it.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
But when the vast majority of prominent brexiteers are from the more objectionable Right, cross-party discourse becomes difficult. Better to ask why the objectionable Right are so anxious for a no-deal brexit.
And we would have had better luck with the even more objectionable left?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I keep saying this but I'll try again, brexit isn't wasn't never will be a party political ideal, there are people in labour pro and anti brexit just as there are in Tory party. The only parties truly one way or another is Lib dems and green and UKIP.

That's why brexit has gone so wrong, they should have selected leavers from all parties. the people best for the job to do it.
I totally agree. Brexit has shown that our politicians of all parties really are useless.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:56 AM

Brexit in your view has gone wrong. It's gone wrong because it was NEVER a viable and practical objective for a country who's outlook is 22 miles away.

There is no better deal than the one we have now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:21 PM

I've just been watching TM trying to explain herself in Parliament.

Some great fat oaf from the SNP tried to complain that in her written statement there was absolutely no mention of Scotland.

So, I'd like to know why, in her written statement there was absolutely no mention of Yorkshire!

I'd love to see another Scottish independence referendum. I'd vote in favour of it, because I am heartily sick and tired of hearing the SNP members (and especially the Fish Woman) constantly whingeing.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've just been watching TM trying to explain herself in Parliament.

Some great fat oaf from the SNP tried to complain that in her written statement there was absolutely no mention of Scotland.

So, I'd like to know why, in her written statement there was absolutely no mention of Yorkshire!

I'd love to see another Scottish independence referendum. I'd vote in favour of it, because I am heartily sick and tired of hearing the SNP members (and especially the Fish Woman) constantly whingeing.
I rather like Ms Sturgeon, her feet are firmly on the ground, unlike the inhabitants of cloud cuckoo land.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Hi

Corbyn has to leave.

The EU does not allow Marxism,

In the last 20 minutes I have sold my remaining Shares and the money has gone to my kids.

Corbyn will not be getting a penny of mine to waste.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Brexit in your view has gone wrong. It's gone wrong because it was NEVER a viable and practical objective for a country who's outlook is 22 miles away.

There is no better deal than the one we have now.
Are you saying that EU is a dictatorship won't let anyone leave ? my goodness we must leave no deal in that case.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Are you saying that EU is a dictatorship won't let anyone leave ?
That is the distinct impression that I get, the more I hear about them.

I often wonder how other EU countries feel about them, having heard how they are dictating to, and demanding from us during these Brexit discussions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top