Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Which Party Will Win the next UK Election?

There could be a forced election, very shortly, because of what's happening, or not happening, with Brexit.

If not, the next election will be in Spring 2022, as I understand it.

A quick look at the contestants shows a massive level of disarray.

1) The Tories are not winning many friends as they manage Brexit, the Policing of the streets, the NHS, care of the elderly/unemployed.

2) The Labour Party are not gaining much respect for the way they are planning for all of the above and because, in my perception, they are looking more and more like the Communist Party (as was).

I'm thinking of putting my money on the Monster Raving Lunatic Party.

Tongue in cheek, I know, but can they be really as bad as the other two?

So who will win, what will they do to achieve the public confidence needed to get there?

How will they go about it?

What must they be doing for the next couple of years?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Re: Which Party Will Win the next UK Election?

The way things are these days even "The Raving Loonies" have a good chance of winning..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:31 PM

Who will and who I want might be a bit different as usual.

I'd love to see a proper leftist party get a chance but I am a bit scared of Diane Abbot being put in charge of anything.

I wouldn't mind greens getting in they have some good housing ideas but their car ideas scare me.

But scares me more than either of them the tories.

Might need to bite the bullet and get over my fear of one of them.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:00 PM

Is miss whiplash still in politics?...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:04 PM

Honestly? I have no idea. Normally I can form an opinion or at least say who I would prefer to win but unfortunately the whole bunch of them are not worth voting for.

If May had done what the Country asked of her, she would have walked it. If Corbyn had played it straight down the line he would probably win. If Farage hadn't left, he would have beaten the lot of 'em.

lots of 'ifs' but that doesn't help. I would like to show my annoyance at the Tories by voting Labour but the last thing I want is Labour in power again.

Loony party it is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Is miss whiplash still in politics?...
Blimey, yes, I had forgotten about her. She would definitely get my vote.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:09 PM

Hi

I would love to see a Labour Government.

Unfortunately Corbyn is a Marxist and I will not vote for economic ruin.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 06:14 PM

The easy answer here is that the Tories will undoubtedly win again.

That's simply because there does not exist a tangible opposition at this point in time.

The previous election showed admirably how unloved and even hated the current Looney Labour party is. Despite endlessly congratulating themselves (even to this day) on an election very badly lost the stupid party hasn't made the required changes to become a viable opposition.

In the last election Labour won about the same number of seats as they did way back in 2010.

Despite Commie Corbyn losing the election for them, they still haven't ousted him nor his militant bunch of Momentum thugs.

While that remains the case Looney Labour have no chance
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 07:31 PM

I suspect it’ll be the same old same old. SNP up here, tories down there.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:16 PM

The electorate, when asked, like many Labour's policies. The Tories are an utter shambles. Yet they poll well and are said, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, to be the best party for managing the economy well. Which suggests Goebbels style propaganda is very effective and the fact that most newspapers are Tory propaganda sheets is having an effect. As is the bias in other media, like the clear Tory bias in the BBC news nowadays
So, wins the next election? It should be Labour but I think another hung parliament, one way or the other is the most likely outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top