Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:36 AM

How would you have rected.

We were talking about Brexit with our daughter & son in law yesterday and he quite took the wind out of my sails by saying:

"Anybody over 65 shouldn't have been allowed to vote. You'll be out of it so what does it matter to you? It's his generation (indication my grandson ) who should be worried."

I didn't know how to react to that so I said nothing.

How would you have reacted?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Re: How would you have rected.

I would have come back with some equally rude remark.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:41 AM

I would have pointed out experience out does youth any day, and that fear (which is what a lot of people are feeling) isn't a good reason to stay somewhere like the EU. Then I would have spat in his tea (just joking )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:49 AM

I'm sure he isn't the only person of that age that thinks that. That's why I voted for ME and no one else.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:01 AM

My boss' husband (late 40s) decided to ask his kids (teenagers under 18) what they wanted him to vote as he said it will affect their generation more than his.

Ok, while I applaud the sentiment the reality is...the kids had, and still have, no bloody idea what it all means and as far as I'm concerned are too young to appreciate the ramifications of either brexit or bremain.

As for over 65s not having a say......how very dare he! He obviously doesn't realise we've been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

Give him a from me!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
We were talking about Brexit with our daughter & son in law yesterday and he quite took the wind out of my sails by saying:

"Anybody over 65 shouldn't have been allowed to vote. You'll be out of it so what does it matter to you? It's his generation (indication my grandson ) who should be worried."

Overheard the same opinion in a restaurant, a young woman felt that 'oldies' have nothing to contribute to the younger generations future. Her dining companions agreed stating that most us are gaga anyway, forever going on about the past.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-11-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Overheard the same opinion in a restaurant, a young woman felt that 'oldies' have nothing to contribute to the younger generations future. Her dining companions agreed stating that most us are gaga anyway, forever going on about the past.
Probably true in my case.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Yes, the past where people died to allow them to even have an opinion.

Don't start me off, I get so bloody angry with the unappreciative attitude of the younger generations.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Carol I have had seen similar said on this forum mainly by people who voted remain and can't accept the result and some of whom don't even live in this country .

Our generation has worked hard to provide for the younger generation and they should remember that.

I have had many debates with sections of my family who voted remain including my son but none of my family would have so little respect for me they would say something like that and if they did they would have received a fulsome response.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:48 AM

I see his point.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top