Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Food for Brexit

After the excitement generated by my last recipe and a fervent request from Longdogs, here is another video in my series of "Easy Snacks for Single Blokes".

This is particularly relevant in Britain with less than 59 days to go before the cold winds of Brexit begin to blow. Better prepare and stock up now.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 09:43 AM

Re: Food for Brexit

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
After the excitement generated by my last recipe and a fervent request from Longdogs, here is another video in my series of "Easy Snacks for Single Blokes".

This is particularly relevant in Britain with less than 59 days to go before the cold winds of Brexit begin to blow. Better prepare and stock up now.

bloody 'ell - only one slice and only half a can of beans - I'd starve!!!

Bruce matey, it all tastes so much better if you top the beans with a poached egg!!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Thanks but I'm already well stocked up with a long term food storage area which I rotate regularly. Nothing whatsoever to do with BrExit. I can last many months with the food I have and that won't be beans on toast I can assure you !!

If shops run dry and people struggle then I will be baking lots of delicious artisan bread loaves for people made from freshly milled Wheat, Rye and Spelt.

I'll be enjoying rich pasta dishes with chicken and chorizo, vegetable casseroles, bowls of chilli, roast lamb joints, Rib-eye steaks, gammon steaks, full English breakfasts and so on.

I wouldn't need to go to the shops at all unless there was still a supply chain of milk which I would make the trip for but in lieu of dairy milk I will use cartons of Almond milk which has a very long shelf life.

As I write, I am expecting a sizeable delivery of vacuum seal bags within the next hour and in the next couple of days I will take delivery of 3 large 25kg sacks of grains, wheat, rye and spelt. Sealed in vacuum bags the grains will last literally years.

If the gas and lecky go off then I will make like an Aussie and wheel out the Barbie !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:35 AM

I don't need any false threats to make me keep a well stocked larder it is always well stocked in case we get bad weather and whatever happens, I won't be living on baked beans
I the worst were to happen I have enough supplies to keep me in home made bread for 6 months and there will local produce to make soup . If something isn't available there are always alternatives.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Butter, Bruce. It's not beans on toast without the butter. I'm just wondering if the EU still has a mountain of it? I believe they are working on a sugar mountain too.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:39 AM

Grated Cathedral Cheddar on mine please.

Nicely done/made/edited Bruce.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Grated Cathedral Cheddar on mine please.

Nicely done/made/edited Bruce.

I didn't realise it was young Bruce himself, I assumed it was an Australian public information film.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I the worst were to happen I have enough supplies to keep me in home made bread for 6 months and there will local produce to make soup .
Didn't realise you were a bread maker too Meg, unless I've forgotten from previous threads (very possible !).

What do you make? Ordinary loaves, baguettes, sourdoughs?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
.... an Australian public information film.
... for the mother country.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Baked beans give you wind!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top