Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 08:42 AM

A third Jack Russell!

In about three weeks time I shall be taking in another JR. This one is coming over from Ireland, is six years old and apparently answers to the name of Cupcake! The owner is an elderly lady, the mother of one of my DILs and has to go into care.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Re: A third Jack Russell!

aww...that's lovely and I can just imagine you in the park.. ..shouting for her to come....Here Cupcake
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 08:55 AM

Hi Summer. Yes, that name will have to go! I have a Pepe, an Abby, A Shamari and soon to be a Cupcake. Born in Ireland he may well become a Patrick (Paddy) or a Sean ( Sean! Sean! pass the bottle will ya!)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:32 AM

It’s lovely that you’re going to take this little JR on, EZ

How about Jem for his name ... after our Jem here?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Lovely to hear you're giving Cupcake a home EZ.
I changed my dog's name from Rio to Dolly, she is still very young so it was easy. As Cupcake is an older dog it might be a bit harder. What about something similar sounding like Jake?
Floyd my last dog would respond to "Oi" if anyone said it, whether they meant him or not
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:32 AM

That's lovely and a lovely name too !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:36 AM

EZ, I thought the same as Tess said, and would choose a name that sounds similar for the dog.
If someone suddenly called you Sidney, you wouldn't even know they were talking to you, so would probably ignore them. Same goes for the dog.

Everything will be so strange for the little chap leaving the only life he has known, different people, dogs he doesn't know from Adam, different bed, food, and then you even change his name.
When you think about it, it is an awful lot for them to comprehend isn't it.

I personally, would choose something very similar to what he already knows. e.g Cake = Jake, Blake, or even Cheesecake ( only joking).

Did you think to ask about any ongoing health problems or whether he is on any meds?

Good luck, hope he settles in well and makes new friends.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Thanks for your advice folks. My daughter in law goes over to see her Mum quite regularly so of course sees Cupcake quite often. Apparently he doesn't like men so i'll have to work to earn his trust. The other three can often be found curled up on the sofa beside me..yes, even the huge GSD.. As you can probably tell, I am a bit of a softy when it comes to animals so he will soon have me wrapped around his little fin...claw!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 04:06 PM

I like the name Cupcake, I would keep the name EZ.

Any photos of her.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
In about three weeks time I shall be taking in another JR. This one is coming over from Ireland, is six years old and apparently answers to the name of Cupcake! The owner is an elderly lady, the mother of one of my DILs and has to go into care.
Hope it goes well for you and Cupcake!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top