Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:02 PM

Victoria

Just realised this is now on! I was going to watch line of duty but this is more important!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:03 PM

Re: Victoria

By the way there was another thread about this from last year but when I searched I could not find it. Worth merging if it's still around.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:47 PM

I am watching the new series.Don't know how true to real life it is but it's good.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 09:29 AM

I keep checking if it's true and unfortunately a lot of it isn't...the storyline with her half sister didn't happen at all she didn't seek safety at the Palace and they had a good quite close relationship albeit mainly through letters.

I know they have to make a story watchable but they seem to be demonizing the sister who incidentally was quite a pretty woman, I'm sort of put off watching it to be honest
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I keep checking if it's true and unfortunately a lot of it isn't...the storyline with her half sister didn't happen at all she didn't seek safety at the Palace and they had a good quite close relationship albeit mainly through letters.

I know they have to make a story watchable but they seem to be demonizing the sister who incidentally was quite a pretty woman, I'm sort of put off watching it to be honest
Ah, thanks summer. We were saying last night that we had not heard of certain things, didn't realise it was made up.The Chartists were real however and I'm pretty sure one of our own members was there with his banner.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Doesn't really bother me that parts are dramatised & stretch the truth, it is a TV drama after all & no one said it was true life, just based on fact. The first series was the same, parts true, parts made up.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 07:35 AM

Poor old Albert t must have been a pain living with Victoria .
No wonder he never smiles .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

05-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Poor old Albert t must have been a pain living with Victoria .
No wonder he never smiles .
I think he was a tiny bit resentful that she was the ruler & a woman, but I think he did love her. He was the love of her life, look how long she mourned him when he died.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-04-2019, 08:45 PM

Looking forward to tonight's episode. I wish they didn't make it fictional but what can you do. At least the production and direction is perfection.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 08:51 PM

What I can't get my head around is the fact that they have a stunningly beautiful woman playing the part of an old trout. Victoria wasn't good looking by any stretch of the imagination.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top